Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man

+10
Kate7590
Kirsty&Lola
NickieM
Happy Hoppers
Tracyuk
Josephine
Sixer
racheld69
Catsknickers
DixieLuBun
14 posters

Go down

Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man Empty Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man

Post by DixieLuBun Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Hello well here goes, it all started last night when we went to chase Bob out from under our bed to put him in the kitchen for the night which is where he hangs out. My OH shouted me up as Bob's leg didn't look to good and he was dragging it along the floor. I immediately phoned our emergency vet and within 30 minutes both me and Megan had Bob the other side of town to the vets.

He had to stay in and have X-rays, meds and £400+ later. I collected him this morning after a rotten sleep to be told to now take him to my Vets for treatment why they couldn't treat him straight away I don't know (it wasn't classed as an emergency). After a few text messages to Charlotte for my sanity that is I arrived at my Vets with poor Bob looking very sorry for himself.

They were great the vet nurse I spoke to explained he had broken his right hind leg just under the knee she showed me the X-rays and bless him it must have hurt. She then explained about the op he would have to undergo but the Vet would phone and explain everything to me on closer look of his leg. I had that phone call Bob has to have his hind leg amputated Crying or Very sad .

It is so different in my house at the minute because he isn't here and I'm missing him loads so please can we have Bob Vibes will be phoning the vets later for update.

Last edited by DixieLuBun on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding photos)
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man Empty Re: Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man

Post by Catsknickers Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Loads of vibes for Bob hunny. i just can't believe this has happened. Poor boy Sad x You are in need of some vodka tonight. x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man Empty Re: Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man

Post by DixieLuBun Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:11 pm

The worst thing is he had been out binkying in the garden all day and then doing his usual bombarding round the house hence the nick name Thunder Foot. I don't even know how it happened. Yes the Vodka would be nice but can't afford to get any now. I just want him home and I will be happier.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:20 pm

oh no! sending lots of vibes!!
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Poor Bob.
Loads of vibes coming his way and I hope that he will be back home with you soon xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Sending loads and loads of vibes for Big Bob. I hope he will soon be pain free and comfy.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Just phoned the vets Bob has come round from the Op and is doing well even with three legs he is eating. He can come home tomorrow Yippeeee I am so glad I wouldn't know what to do without him.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Oh I am so pleased hun. Big hugs. IF you need anything you know where I am x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:34 pm

So pleased Bob is on the mend. Healing vibes sent for him still. Hope he soon adapts.
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Bless him, what a shock & worry for you. I'm relieved to hear he is round from the op and doing well though. I text Charlotte earlier and she told me what had happened and I mentioned it's worth bearing in mind that his remaining hock will need monitoring due to his weight, as it will now have to bear the brunt of that when he moves.

My Scout broke her leg as a baby and had to have it pinned back together during very complicated and delicate surgery. She made a full recovery and 3 ears later you would never know. Juno also gets about on 3 legs without any problems what-so-ever, you really need to do a double take to tell she is disabled.

I wonder how on earth he did it though... scratch
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:44 pm

So sorry to hear about his wee leg. Hope he makes a complete recovery. At least you know from the other people on here with trio buns that they can lead happy lives.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 pm

sending loads of vibes for Bob bless him...i hope he makes a swift recovery
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:59 pm

I was on the phone to the vets this morning and I have been informed Bob is doing well and he can come home tonight. Yippee I can collect him at 5pm I can't wait.

Will take a photo of my brave boy and post here. My boy is coming home. :luv:
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Can't wait to see how he is Dawn cheers x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:24 pm

Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man CIMG1490 My brave bun back home.

Please can I get some Vibes for Big Bob - Pics of Brave Man CIMG1489 his stitches which I have to check. Going to try scan his X-rays so you can see but will have to wait till tomorrow I'm very sleepy now. :luv:
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Poor wee boy. Glad he's home. Hope he is up and around on three legs very soon.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:48 am

Aww bless him, he looks quite perky though which is a good sign.
Im sure he will cope just fine with 3 legs, especially with your TLC =]
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:56 am

I am so glad he is home with you, I am sure he will soon be up and about.

He is such a brave beautiful black bunny.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 am

So sorry i missed this, Poor boy. He is very brave & hope so much that he makes a full recovery - I am sure he will, with your help xx
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 am

Great to see Pirate Bob back home Very Happy

He looks quite bright all things considered...sending nosey rubs from me and Fudge x
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:42 am

sending lots of vibes. am sure it is nice to have him home.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Poor old Bob, he looked so moody last night. Like I said though, I think I would be if someone nicked one of my legs while I was asleep x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by biscuitblossom Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Catswhiskas wrote:Poor old Bob, he looked so moody last night. Like I said though, I think I would be if someone nicked one of my legs while I was asleep x

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Charlotte you crack me up!!

Glad hes doing so well Dawn,even if he is a bit grumpy,bless his heart ....give him a lovely big noserub from me.x

biscuitblossom
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry I missed this Dawn, Glad to hear Big Bob is doing OK now Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down