Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggling Tonight

+10
buddabun
Jay
racheld69
Happy Hoppers
Josephine
biscuitblossom
senatorvass
Sixer
Snowy
Catsknickers
14 posters

Go down

Struggling Tonight Empty Struggling Tonight

Post by Catsknickers Sat May 02, 2009 5:44 pm

I just can't get Blanket out of my head however much I try not to think about him. I am fnding it very difficult. I am trying to ensure that whilst I am in Brunei, I just don't think about him as the panic and anxiety that would set in would be terribler for Helen to have to deal with. But I can't seem to express enough, how much I cannot believe he has gone. It all happened so fast. I got home from the picnic on Sunday afternoon last week and within 24 hours he was dead. He had had his jab for 11 days. Now I am panicking that Easters jab won't have taken effect before another ******* mozzie gets to one of my rabbits. I am so desperately upset. I can't even begin to describe what a kind and lovely rabbit Blanket was. He was so full of life and happiness. I can't believe he has been taken from me. It just doesn't seem real, I guess cos I am not at home. I kinda feel deep down that when I go home he will be there, even though I know that that isn't going to happen. can't believe this has happened to my baby boy and I know that if I let the flood gates go, that will be it.

Sorry to ramble. I just really need to get this out there. I just wish that my vet would have been happy to vaccinate before 12 weeks. they have said that it is pointless having vaccinated Easter and that she will have to go for a repeat vaccine in 4 weeks. However I just wanted to have it done. I hate this ******* evil disease.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Struggling Tonight Empty Re: Struggling Tonight

Post by Snowy Sat May 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Oh Charlotte, sending you massive hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs, I wish I could make it all better for you
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat May 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Massive hugs from me too.

You lost Blanket so quickly, that must be very hard to cope with.

Whatever your vets say, I am sure little Easter will be fine.

These are for you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Sat May 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Another one sending massive hugs Charlotte Hugs Hugs Hugs

I can only imagine how terrible you are feeling right now, and I can understand it seems very unreal. Maybe that is a blessing in disguise, and will give you some time to reach some peace before you come home. I hope so. I am glad you are being looked after so well.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by biscuitblossom Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

I kinda know how you're feeling Charlotte and we're on the same timespan with losing our babies too. Hugs

As for the myxi jab,my vets have done several of my bunnies at 8 weeks old so I'm not sure why your vets think a repeat jab is necessary....I've never had a problem with any of mine that had it that early so try not to panic.

Hugs Hugs Hugs

biscuitblossom
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2009 10:21 pm

I can only begin to imagin the pain you are feeling Crying or Very sad
Life can be so damn cruel Crying or Very sad

The Myxomatosis Vaccine can be given from the age of 6 weeks and does not need to be repeated for 6 months.

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Intervet_Schering-Plough/Nobivac_Myxo/-29531.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sun May 03, 2009 12:15 am

Aw Charlotte, I just don't know what to say. It must have been such a shock to lose Blanket like that and so quickly. All I can do is send you some great big hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs and I hope you feel better soon.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun May 03, 2009 12:40 am

HugsHugsHugs

Charlotte hun, your vets seem to have the data between the Myxi & the VHD vaccine confused....you really need to speak to them about this because their stance is just not logical and they are causing you to panic unnecessarily, and maybe other owners too. Hmmm

The Myxi is from 6 weeks and the VHD from 10 BUT it can be given earlier provided the bun is then revaccinated later.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun May 03, 2009 6:15 am

So basically I lost my boy for nothing Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sun May 03, 2009 9:53 am

aww charlotte try not to feel to gloomy. you gave him a terrific life and it is very easy to torment yourself with what ifs afterwards. it is so sad what happened and i really feel for you.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon May 04, 2009 10:18 am

Hugs Charlotte Hugs Sorry you had to find this out this way Sad
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Mon May 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Only just seen this chook. Hugs coming your way.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon May 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Sorry that you are having difficulties dealing with this. I'm not surprised that you are really down. It has been a really busy month ... Easter's arrival, the picnic and then Blanket and Brunei. What a lot of mixed emotions you have had to deal with. I think you have done really well just getting so far. Big hugs to you. xxx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed May 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Feeling really down about Blanket tonight. Have come in from being out and am settling for the evening and it is hanging over me. I have this constant stabbing ache everytime I think about him. I am in suspended animation with it all. Its the weirdest feeling. He really is gone and when I go and pick up my bunnies from Dawn, that is it, he isn't going to be there is he? My baby really is gone. How can this be? Its just so ******* unfair. I am really ******* mad tonight. I just think that there is no justice. Whenever I mention it in emails to Dame or Mum they just brush over it cos they don't want me to think about it while I am out here. I can't put into words how lovely he was. He was one of the most happy go lucky buns I have ever come across. So kind. Look how he took Easter under his wing. I haven't even been able to look at a picture of him yet. I can't put into words, the pain I am feeling.

Why did this have to happen? Sorry for the rant, I just needed to pour all that somewhere.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed May 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Oh Charlotte, I am so sorry you are feeling like this, think of the positive side to it, he had a wonderful time with you, lots of love and cuddles and he was really wanted, he brought you so much joy and happiness and I know his time was short but you were blessed to have had him at all.

Sending you massive hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Wed May 06, 2009 3:36 pm

our time was short with dusty our 1st bun.even now we still think of him.even our screen saver is a picture of him.he often gets a nose rub.when connie is up to no good in the garden i often call out dusty Love it will at some point get easier .like snowy says try and think of all the positives and keep on talking about him
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed May 06, 2009 3:50 pm

jan wrote:our time was short with dusty our 1st bun.even now we still think of him.even our screen saver is a picture of him.he often gets a nose rub.when connie is up to no good in the garden i often call out dusty Love it will at some point get easier .like snowy says try and think of all the positives and keep on talking about him

Oh gosh! and hugs to you as well, Hugs Hugs Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed May 06, 2009 4:13 pm

It just wasn't long enough. Of all the rabbits I know, he is one of the ones that was just so kind natured. I really wish I had the words to express the pain I feel and the weirdness of it all. I want to scream. I just don't have the words. I loved him to the end of the earth and back.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Wed May 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Oh Charlotte, I'm sorry you're feeling so low. I promise that it will get better. I know it wasn't long enough and I know you loved him to bits, but he will always be special to you, you will always have his memory, but the pain will ease. It will take time, you need to give yourself time to greive, and time to adjust, just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time and eventually you will realise it doesn't seem as painful.

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed May 06, 2009 4:29 pm

thumpersmum wrote:Oh Charlotte, I'm sorry you're feeling so low. I promise that it will get better. I know it wasn't long enough and I know you loved him to bits, but he will always be special to you, you will always have his memory, but the pain will ease. It will take time, you need to give yourself time to greive, and time to adjust, just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time and eventually you will realise it doesn't seem as painful.

You said what I was thinking and said it so much better

Hugs to you Charlotte Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed May 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Everyone has offered such wonderful words already.

All I can add is what you said yourself - 'Blanket took Easter under his wing.' Maybe his parting gift to you is little Easter, without him Easter would maybe still be a frightened little wildie.

Hugs as always
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed May 06, 2009 6:50 pm

I do wonder if sometimes the 'special' buns are so special because we get to spend such little time with them and yet, when they part, they leave behind the biggest hole you could ever imagine, which nothing else ever seems to be capable of filling again....nor, in many ways would you want it to be.

Why does it take but a minute to say hello, yet forever to say goodbye.

This quote seems to sum it all up really. Hugs Hugs Hugs
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed May 06, 2009 7:53 pm

I still cry over losing my Mack, he was such a special bunny Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Thu May 07, 2009 8:49 am

Sometimes bunnies are like people, and the good ones are never with us for long enough. I know it doesn't help much, but I truly believe Blanket, Truffles, Mack, Hermy and all the lost buns are in a special place now, because they were too special and precious for this world.

Someone told me a story about a diamond once that was given to a king. The king kept having it recut because he wanted it to have the perfect shine, and the diamond got smaller and smaller until there was nothing left, and the King realised that the only time it was truly perfect was when he couldn't see it. Our bunnies are the same - they shine much more brightly now than they ever could in this world, and they'll shine forever.

Eventually your grief will pass, and you'll be left with the shine of having had such a special bun. In the meantime, we'll give you lots of hugs and remember Blanket with you. Hugs
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu May 07, 2009 8:58 am

KathyT wrote:Sometimes bunnies are like people, and the good ones are never with us for long enough. I know it doesn't help much, but I truly believe Blanket, Truffles, Mack, Hermy and all the lost buns are in a special place now, because they were too special and precious for this world.

Someone told me a story about a diamond once that was given to a king. The king kept having it recut because he wanted it to have the perfect shine, and the diamond got smaller and smaller until there was nothing left, and the King realised that the only time it was truly perfect was when he couldn't see it. Our bunnies are the same - they shine much more brightly now than they ever could in this world, and they'll shine forever.

Eventually your grief will pass, and you'll be left with the shine of having had such a special bun. In the meantime, we'll give you lots of hugs and remember Blanket with you. Hugs

They are never with us long enough and it really hurts when they go but I really believe that they go to a better place
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down