Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can rabbits eat Pineapple skin or spikey leaves?

4 posters

Go down

Can rabbits eat Pineapple skin or spikey leaves? Empty Can rabbits eat Pineapple skin or spikey leaves?

Post by frdsmth9 Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:34 pm

A lot of fruits are edible to rabbits.

Pineapple & Papaya are suggested to feed,either fresh,in small amounts or unsugared dried pieces,as the Enzymes in these fruits help to break down the intestine blockages,such as wool block,which can be fatal. Rabbits also LOVE these foods.

Caution: Fruits,such as Plums,Peaches,Apricots & Nectarines,should have their Pits(stones,seed etc) removed before feeding to a rabbit as these Pits are POISONOUS to rabbits. The actual fruit skin & flesh is very nutritious to your bunny.

frdsmth9
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Can rabbits eat Pineapple skin or spikey leaves? Empty Re: Can rabbits eat Pineapple skin or spikey leaves?

Post by jan Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 pm

Thumbs Up Never tried mine with Plums,Peaches,Apricots & Nectarines,
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Can rabbits eat Pineapple skin or spikey leaves? Empty Re: Can rabbits eat Pineapple skin or spikey leaves?

Post by NickieM Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:17 am

Mine love plum leaves as there is a tree near their compound. In the autumn they hang around underneath and eat them as they fall off!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:08 am

i gave mine some peach a couple of days ago and they loved it - only a little bit for a treat.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down