Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pickle wounded - do I separate from Pootle?

4 posters

Go down

Pickle wounded - do I separate from Pootle? Empty Pickle wounded - do I separate from Pootle?

Post by fluffiebunnie Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Pickle has a wound at the back of his head.. got him to the vets within 20 mins of finding him.. he has had metacam, antibiotics and the wound glued...he is inside whilst he heals because of worry of dirt and flystrike....

Do I separate him from Pootle? She is inside with him at the moment, but seems insistent on licking the wound.. worried it will pop open if she keeps on licking.... if that happens he will need a GA and stitches...

Do I keep them separate for a while? Her outside in their hutch and him inside? Worried about the bond breaking..

Thanks for any advice.
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Pickle wounded - do I separate from Pootle? Empty Re: Pickle wounded - do I separate from Pootle?

Post by jan Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Not sure,but if it was me i would keep mine together.sorry i can't be of any more help.
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Pickle wounded - do I separate from Pootle? Empty Re: Pickle wounded - do I separate from Pootle?

Post by Sixer Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:51 am

Am a bit to late to answer your question but hope Pickle is soon better xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:15 am

I kept them both in last night next to each other, but separated by wire.. I was worried Pootle would lick the wound open before the glue had "stuck". Pickle is fine this morning.. eating drinking pooing weeing etc.. just wants to be with Pootle... might try them together indoors for a while tonight to see how they go...
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:53 am

Glad Pickle is OK - I have such a soft spot for him as he is so like BJ.

BJ sadly has lost all of his ruff recently with moulting Sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:13 am

Sorry this is a bit late, but I would keep them together, I never seperate because it causes them too much stress
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:52 am

Oh dear - I was worried Pootle would open the wound... I will put them back together in a pen in my living room when I get home this afternoon..

Will 24 hours of glued skin withstand Pootle licking it open?

Poor Pickle has lost most of his mane as it was shaved off at the vets.... was a very expensive haircut for him to say the least!!
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:52 am

Sixer wrote:Glad Pickle is OK - I have such a soft spot for him as he is so like BJ.

BJ sadly has lost all of his ruff recently with moulting Sad

Aww I always think of BJ as being Pickle's long lost twin!!! Whenever Pickle moults he never moults his mane!!! It is about five inches long in some places now!!
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum