Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EC - identifying if it is a current infection

Go down

EC - identifying if it is a current infection Empty EC - identifying if it is a current infection

Post by racheld69 Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:17 pm

I don't know all the ins and out of medical malarky but for those of you who do or anyone with poss EC probs at the moment i thought you'd like to know about some new findings - from John Chitty this is - it is worthless doing 2 blood tests and comparing the titre/EC count in the blood as whereas recently it was thought it could identify whether an EC infection was current or had been in the past, the most recent research says it actually can't. So my vet has now scapped Foxy's 2nd blood test. He also said a lot of rabbits will test positive for EC and most rabbits get it, develop the antibodies and then get over it so that was interesting too. What isn't so interesting is that Foxy now has £350 quids worth or all over x rays and blood tests to identify if she might be in pain anywhere, have kidney problems etc.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down