Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever caught anything from your buns?

3 posters

Go down

Ever caught anything from your buns? Empty Ever caught anything from your buns?

Post by hanspan Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Er sorry to gross you all out.. I woke up with largish red bumps all over my forearms. They're not itchy at all so I don't think they're bites. What worries me is that there is one section which looks a bit like a ring and now I'm thinking I might have ring worm!? I don't know where this could have come from, I've hardly been out for days and none of my family have anything like it. Could I have picked up something from the buns? Petal was treated with Xeno450 last week, and Fuzz was done a few weeks ago. Could the critters have moved onto me because the buns are no longer tasty? I'm thinking of going to a chemist to see what they think, or my BIL who I'm seeing later is a doctor so may ask him..just wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen to them and if it's possible the buns are connected somehow?

hanspan
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Ever caught anything from your buns? Empty Re: Ever caught anything from your buns?

Post by NickieM Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm

I don't mean to worry you, but if the ring starts to spread outwards, you need to let your doctor see it as it might be Lyme's Disease. Could you have been bitten by a tick? As that is how it is spread.

It is more likely to be a reaction to them, maybe just a rash, but better get it checked to be on the safe side.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Ever caught anything from your buns? Empty Re: Ever caught anything from your buns?

Post by hanspan Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks! I had my BIL take a look and although he said he's not an expert in skin he said it looks like contact dermatitis (not sure what could have caused it though as haven't come into contact with anything unusual recently). Apparently it's definitely not ringworm and actually you can't really see the ring shape much anymore! If I wake up tomorrow with more, I'll go straight to the local walk-in clinic.

hanspan
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Ring worm has a pretty obvious circular pattern, often with small bumps and the skin is dry and flaky. I've had it a couple of times and despite it supposedly being very contagious none of the animals have ever caught it off me and I didn't get it from them either.

You can get treatment for dermatitis over the counter, usually something like Eumovate or HC45.

HTH Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down