Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What nugget foods to feed?

3 posters

Go down

What nugget foods to feed? Empty What nugget foods to feed?

Post by Kate7590 Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:56 pm

My buns are at the moment fed on a cereal mix but they leave loads of it and always seem hungry.
I want to change over to a nugget mix, as when I move my dad has asked to keep Bramble & Harley so I want to keep it as simple as possible for him.
I used to feed pets at home nuggets but havent in a long time, no reason why really though, just that I changed to a different mix.
But I had thought about feeding the burgess excel nuggets as Iv heard they are quite good? They are slightly more expensive but I dont mind that at all, I just want them to be on a good food.

Another thing- I dont particularly want to feed the pets at home in a way because of the recent controversy regarding the eucalyptus that goes into soem of their treats! So in a way I dont want them having their cut out of the money I spend buying theirf food! [Maybe iv just answered my on question here Rolling Eyes ]

One last thing- Bramble is about 6 years old now and Iv noticed the burgess reccomend a 'mature' diet for bunnies over 5 years old.
Should I buy this special food for Bramble or will he be okay just eating the adult food?

Any help appriciated x
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

What nugget foods to feed? Empty Re: What nugget foods to feed?

Post by NickieM Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Definitely a good idea to move over from muesli mix. My first bun was a right brat and would pick out all the bits she likes and leave everything else and she just wouldn't eat any bits she didn't want! Just make sure that when you start to change over feeds, that you phase the new stuff in slowly over about 10 days or so. Just add about 10% of the new stuff to the muesli and if everything is OK, gradually increase the mix until you cancel out the muesli.

My buns are fed on P@H pellets and have been fine. Gloria sometimes stops eating but that is mainly if she has been stressed. Both are very healthy, with lovely glossy coats.

Buns are like people and some thrive on one thing and some on another. It is just a question of finding something that they like and that likes them.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:56 am

Wise move! They do seem to have a personal preference, so you may have to try 2 or 3.
Bertie is fed Science Selective. He used to have Excel, but it gave him runny poos every few days, so we swapped quite early on after advice from a forum.

He gets a teaspoon of museli mix per meal, cos he loves it Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down