Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Mansion to Poop Palace

+2
Happy Hoppers
ElleyMay
6 posters

Go down

Bunny Mansion to Poop Palace Empty Bunny Mansion to Poop Palace

Post by ElleyMay Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Well.. the happy couple are just peachy. Hippo has bounced right back from his little bout of feeling off. Thumbs Up They are a really funny pair, and are now known as "Two Bunnies, One Brain" (... and we'll just say it's not Hippo's brain that's in use Laughing ).

Anyway, you've all seen pictures of the Playbunny Mansion (which has since grown an entire level).... well, it has turned into the "Poop Palace". I love my boy Hippo, but he is like a raisin-making-factory! He doesn't do it in the levels (thankfully, as they are hard to get to), but he seems to think the entire bottom level is just one big litter box.

He didn't seem as bad when he was in his own cage so I am thinking it is still a dominance thing. Thoughts? Have any of you heard about littler habbits going out the window after bonding... and if so was there ever a return to sanity? Laughing Also, right now I have two litter boxes in the cage, Brynn's old one and his... if I take one away there they continue to use the corners. Should I keep two litter boxes? Should I put in more? Should I get rid of one of them?

If in the end, this becomes a battle I cannot win I'll still consider myself pretty lucky seeing as he rarely has accidents outside of the cage. The rewards of these rabbits far outweighs their weight in droppings!

Thanks for the thoughts on a not so lovely topic! Laughing Shocked
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Bunny Mansion to Poop Palace Empty Re: Bunny Mansion to Poop Palace

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 pm

It is completely normal for litter training to go out the window after bonding I'm afraid, and the bad news is sometimes it never gets better (sorry!). However the best thing to do is put a litter tray in each of their favourite spots (as many as you feel necessary) and add a little bit of each of their wastage in first time round so they get the idea and don't just move them out of the way.

Also whatever substrate you use in the litter box don't use anywhere else as they will just take it as a sign that says "Toilet". Rabbits also like to eat whilst they relieve themselves (charming creatures that they are) so putting hay in one corner of each litter tray can also help improve things.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Oh joy, what a lovely thing to look forward to :p

I think we need pictures of the newly improved mansion Very Happy
Kate x
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Sooz wrote:It is completely normal for litter training to go out the window after bonding I'm afraid, and the bad news is sometimes it never gets better (sorry!). However the best thing to do is put a litter tray in each of their favourite spots (as many as you feel necessary) and add a little bit of each of their wastage in first time round so they get the idea and don't just move them out of the way.

Also whatever substrate you use in the litter box don't use anywhere else as they will just take it as a sign that says "Toilet". Rabbits also like to eat whilst they relieve themselves (charming creatures that they are) so putting hay in one corner of each litter tray can also help improve things.

My teenagers would probably think this was a sensible thing too as long as it was biscuits. Multi-tasking.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Ah the currant trail. HBWS
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:30 am

NickieM wrote:
Sooz wrote:It is completely normal for litter training to go out the window after bonding I'm afraid, and the bad news is sometimes it never gets better (sorry!). However the best thing to do is put a litter tray in each of their favourite spots (as many as you feel necessary) and add a little bit of each of their wastage in first time round so they get the idea and don't just move them out of the way.

My teenagers would probably think this was a sensible thing too as long as it was biscuits. Multi-tasking.

It's all aout balance.....one in, one out Laughing
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:59 am

NickieM wrote:
Sooz wrote:
Rabbits also like to eat whilst they relieve themselves (charming creatures that they are) so putting hay in one corner of each litter tray can also help improve things.

Bunny Mansion to Poop Palace Rotfl That's s o funny!
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down