Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie

4 posters

Go down

Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie Empty Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie

Post by Kate7590 Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:56 pm

As I type this my OH is in the conservatory with Annabelle & Charlie.
I have been with them for nearly an hour and am pleased to say it is going very well!
At the start I scattered some pellets and kale and got my hair dryer set on cool, ready!
I put them both in the corner and put the hair dryer on near them [I was trying & hoping this would worry them enough to find comfort in each others company, it worked!]
Annabelle has been climbing on him, and he has tried to 'hump' her a couple times but I have pushed him off.
They are eating together, nose to nose.
AND Annie has been licking his face and behind his ears, his eyes just go all soft and start closing hen she does this!

Im sooo pleased its going smoothly, but I have a couple of questions-

When should I leave them together unsupervised?

Can I put them in a small [4x2ft] indoor hutch overnight, or is that way too soon?

It seems a shame to split them up now when they are obvously happy in each others company, but at the same time I dont want them to suddenly fight when Im not there to interveen????

I want to split off part of an indoor run, to make approx 4x 7ft, and they can live in there permmentantly when they are bonded, but I thought I would put them in a small area first off [I think I remember reading somewhere that it was better this way??]

Please correct me if im wrong about any of this.

Any help is appriciated xxxx
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie Empty Re: Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie

Post by Rice Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:28 pm

I'm certainly no expert on bonding, but I think you should probably leave them together if you can. If you take them apart now you'll risk them losing whatever bond they may have formed. Not sure your situation about leaving them unsupervised but if you can stay with them and leave them together I would advise that!

I had to sleep on my couch when I was attempting bonding so I could hear if any fights broke out No Laughing
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie Empty Re: Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie

Post by Kate7590 Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks for your reply rice, I was worried about seperateing them because right now they are snuggled up together in the conservatory. They have been grooming each other, the works, im so pleased!
I wont be able to stay with them all night but I can keep checking back on them. They have been together since 2pm today with no problems. They are eating together.

I hope this is it, they will be buddies forever Very Happy
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Pleased to hear they are such good friends already! I'm jealous, two of mine that I've tried to bond absolutely hated each other No

Fingers crossed they are buddies forever! Very Happy
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:54 pm

They are in an indoor hutch now it our barn, so nice and cosey, with lots of hay and scattered food. We keep going to check them every half our and so far they are absolutly fine :]
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Awww sounds like it is going well! We need pics of the newlyweds ofcourse, you do realise! Laughing xxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 am

Catsknickers wrote:Awww sounds like it is going well! We need pics of the newlyweds ofcourse, you do realise! Laughing xxx

Yes, definitely!

Congrats!!! cheers
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:57 am

Heres a couple pictures of them this afternoon.
Charlie looks moody all the time, its not just in these pics!

Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie DSCN9220

Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie DSCN9234

Bonding questions re.- Annabelle & Charlie DSCN9239
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 am

Wow! She looks so small beside him! They are both cuties! Glad it's gone/going well!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down