Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Resolved] Happy House Rabbit Housing Help Needed.

+2
ElleyMay
Acorn
6 posters

Go down

[Resolved] Happy House Rabbit Housing Help Needed. Empty [Resolved] Happy House Rabbit Housing Help Needed.

Post by Acorn Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:54 am

I have been searcing everywhere for the NIC cubes, but I live in the UK and the only place I can find them is very expencive (13 pounds for ONE cube and that not including VAT which is a huge number!) and the American sites were either out of stock or would not ship to the UK. Does anyone know of a site that has them that would ship here? Or know of anywhere in the UK? I lookd at Homebase and B&Q already, they didn't have any.

If there really isn't any, does anone have any housing ideas? I have looked around but most things I have seen look too small or too much like a prison. I would also like a run for him inside and/or out.

Thank you!

Acorn

I have found a massive dog crate tat I can build shelves in! Thank you for all the help!

Last edited by Acorn on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acorn
Acorn
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-20

Back to top Go down

[Resolved] Happy House Rabbit Housing Help Needed. Empty Re: [Resolved] Happy House Rabbit Housing Help Needed.

Post by ElleyMay Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Have you tried big box hardware stores? I live in Canada but that was where I found them to be the cheapest (and in bulk).

Also, I have a pretty gigantic NIC set up, but I didn't get all of the cubes at once. In total I've probably put in about $300 (or 175 pounds)... which is actually really cheap in comparison to the cage I would get for that price. I bought them over a few months and just continued to add onto the set up. That's the great thing about the NIC cubes.. you can just keep adding on Very Happy

Good luck finding some at a cheaper price!!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

[Resolved] Happy House Rabbit Housing Help Needed. Empty Re: [Resolved] Happy House Rabbit Housing Help Needed.

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 pm

What is an NIC cube?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Exactly what I was going to ask as I am soon to have a house bunny. Cubes you can add to sound wonderful - but he will have to have a playpen to start with.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm

They used to sell them in B&Q but they seem almost impossible to get hold of now. My Indoor bunster has a large dog crate with shelving inside.

Have you tried eBay....
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 pm

It depends on the space available, and if you want the bun to have free roam at all, or not. A cage is fine, really, but if the buns gonna be confined in it for a while then it needs to be big. Additionally you could have a pen attached, or some folding metal grids, to act as a run, of block off a section of the room for a run.
There's lots of options with house buns. The dog crates Sooz suggested are good too. There's some indoor set ups on our You tube housing video Clicky, which may give you som ehelp.

My bun started in a mahoosive cage, then as he spent more time out of the cage, we got hima smaller one, and now he doesn't have one at all Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Acorn Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:37 pm

I have tried Ebay but there didn't seem to have any, but I will keep going back to check. The NIC cubes would be perfect but at them moment it looks like I will have to wait. Thank you though!

P.S Thanks for the video Jay, was helpful ^.^
Acorn
Acorn
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi

I want George to be free range for a lot of the time but I will need to put him somewhere confined when I am seeing clients (one of my jobs is working from home as a counsellor/hypnotherapist).

My cats have learnt that they can't come in the study or cry at the door when I have a client with me and they are brilliant at leaving me alone then, but I don't expect George will understand - or maybe I am underestimating him.

What size dog crate would be suitable? I'm not sure whether to crate him while I am asleep or to leave him free range. Initially he is going to go in a play pen with a cat carrier inside covered with a blanket to make a sort of den. When he feels more secure I will expand his area.

Got an absolutely huge box from work today that was being thrown out - I am going to make something fun for George to play in. He can chew that to his heart's content. It will take him a long time to get through it - it really is massive.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:41 pm

I found this uk site, which has them for sale clicky
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:30 pm

I found this site. If you scroll down to the bottom you'll see some links for stores.

http://www.therabbithouse.com/indoor/rabbit-cages-cubes.asp
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down