Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Met the new vet today.

+2
Happy Hoppers
Sixer
6 posters

Go down

Met the new vet today. Empty Met the new vet today.

Post by Sixer Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Gabriel and Noo met the new vet at my local vet's today Smile She is a bunny lover with a RSPCA house bun of her own. She tells me she has done a couple of day courses on bunny care and some on-line stuff so I am hoping she is more bunny-savvy than the other vets at the practice.

I even gave her the info in the RWAF conference that is coming up soon locally. She seemed genuinely interested in it Smile

I was a bit gutted she didn't go into raptures over Gabe and Noo tho Sad Laughing

And two myxi jabs were £43 Sad Sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Met the new vet today. Empty Re: Met the new vet today.

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Owch at the Myxi price! It's great to have a vet who has their own bunnies and really does understand though.

I havn't *touch wood* had any need to take any of my bunnies to see Anita or Rob since June last year (Anneke does vax for me) and was gutted to get a letter today telling me Rob has left, as had the head vet (who I never saw eye to eye with anyway), all the trainee nurses and the head VN. Shocked

I feel like I don't know anyone there now and Anita is spending time at the other branch too. No idea what we will do when one of them does have a genuine oddity of an illness and I need to find a experienced bunny vet fast. Sad
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:09 pm

How dare she not coo over them Mad Doesn't she know how precious they both are. She clearly hasn't heard of their celebrity. Humph. Well we will have to change that. We love you Noo and Gabe Love x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:30 pm

That does seem a lot for myxi. I took George today and it was £17.50.

I changed vet practices last year after one of my precious fur babies had to be put to sleep after my vet told me there was nothing wrong with him when I took him in the afternoon to see her. By the evening he was so much worst I had to take him to the out of hours vet and they recommended he be PTS. I think I know more about bunnies than my last vet.

The vet I am seeing now seems good. I used to have a fantastic vet. She was brilliant with buns and great with me too. When she moved to practice out of the area I was gutted. It's so important to get a vet who really loves and understands bunnies.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Good news on one hand, but bad news on the other (the price of the Myxi - mine is usually about £15)

As for not going into raptures about your buns, she must be a very very discerning bunny vet. Maybe she is just a bit blase about buns having seen hundreds. But how could she not be bowled over by your pair as they are such a pretty pair of buns. Maybe Gabe's reputation came beforehand and she was keeping an eye on his teefs!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Sounds promising V, but her bunny side manner needs working on Wink
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:10 pm

She gets to meet the other four next month - maybe BJ's suave sophisticated good looks will impress!

But that will be £86 for the Mxyi jabs then pale pale pale
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down