Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love bites!

2 posters

Go down

Love bites! Empty Love bites!

Post by MufassaFlower Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Hello folks, hope you and your bunnies are well Razz

Since we have paired mufassa and flower they have got along really well. But mufassa has always liked to try and hoop on flowers back.
Flower has never really been keen on this, she just hops away and bit and mufassa soon gives up. Dont get me wrong its not constant, they do just relax together.
At night they are put together in the kitchen with all there mod-cons, but its rather small space. There are a few things for flower to hide under and manouver around if mufassa gets too much for her.

Recently I have noticed a bite on her back a couple of inches from her head. It has started to heal.
To give the bite a chance to heal she is know in a indoor hutch in the kitchen with mufasa at night. And I will put them together again once its totally healed. What if this keeps happening? I dont want a bite to constantly re opened, or for flower to get bit alot!
Should flower always stay in the hutch? or mufassa maybe?

Thanks for reading, any advice would be great. see you Wink

Last edited by MufassaFlower on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MufassaFlower
MufassaFlower
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Back to top Go down

Love bites! Empty Re: Love bites!

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:28 pm

It should slow down as they spend more time together and settle a permenant hierachy but it is a pain in the bum in the mean time and not pleasent for the little lady.

The best advice I have heard is to put something foul tasting on the spot to discourage the biting, but of course it needs to be non-harmful and non-irritating. Sudocrem may do the trick, and it is also soothing and promotes healing. Other members may have some different suggestions too.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Love bites! Empty Re: Love bites!

Post by MufassaFlower Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:36 pm

ok cheers sooz, il try that.
MufassaFlower
MufassaFlower