Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has a playhouse for their bunnies?

5 posters

Go down

Who has a playhouse for their bunnies? Empty Who has a playhouse for their bunnies?

Post by Sixer Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 pm

If you have a playhouse, can you easily fit inside to clean it out?

I am considering one for Gabe and Noo. In a few weeks we are having the conservatory replaced - it leaks badly and given it is almost 17 years old it was not fitted with heat reflective roof panels. This means it gets way too hot in the summer to use. On a par with a sauna Laughing

OH has has said in no uncertain terms that one the conservatory has been sorted Gabe and Noo will not be allowed to winter indoors again Sad They currently have a 6' X 2' hutch/run combo outside but I would like them to have something bigger longterm and something that I can keep dry in when cleaning out. Because of the shape/size of garden the something bigger will have to go near the kitchen window so OH doesn't want a shed.

Hence the playhouse idea. Don't want to spend the money and get one tho if I can't get my big bum in it with ease Laughing So, if you have a playhouse, can I ask, does it work work for you?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Who has a playhouse for their bunnies? Empty Re: Who has a playhouse for their bunnies?

Post by Bernie Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 pm

I have a playhouse for the boys and although I can't stand completely I don't have any problems cleaning it out Thumbs Up
But then I am a shorty Laughing
Bernie
Bernie
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2010-01-06

http://www.rabbitretreat.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Who has a playhouse for their bunnies? Empty Re: Who has a playhouse for their bunnies?

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:53 pm

So I take it the playhouse is for the OH then......

tee hee
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Poor Chris! He obviously can't bear the thought of chewed land rover parts any more! I think Gabe has had a good run for his money. Who has a playhouse for their bunnies? 811805
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 pm

He has Nickie, but I will miss not having him indoors Sad Gabe, that is who will be moving out, not Chris, Katie Laughing

However Chris has put a lot of time, effort and expense into kitting out the abodes of the other four and also puts up with the amount of time I spend lavishing care and attention on them all. He is also reasonably tolerant of the fact that the buns and Bobbie are problematic when we want to go on holiday or even have a night away. Therefore I know I have to give in on the conservatory issue.

Bernie, as I am a shortie too, the playhouse idea is looking good Thumbs Up

The other option is to bond Gabe and Noo with Herbie and Hollie but I am not sure if I have the courage for that. Also as Herb and Hollie are very happy together I am not sure I want to disturb the status quo.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 pm

How about maybe an avairy? It lets in tons of light and can be made to any size, and you can put those bumpy plastic things on top to keep it dry - plenty of room to move around in, and easy enough to put in your exsisting hutch. I've always been a bit dubious over play houses, but then I can hurt my back easily, and it would drive me stir crazy crouching over everytime I wanted to spend time with my bunnies, yet at the same time I have a friend who has line after line after line of wendy houses for the buns and she sits in with them all day Laughing but she is a tiny dot Laughing - why not go *test* a few out in different garden centers and get the feel to the size you need.
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks, I did think about a test drive Laughing As I have been sitting in the run under the hutch with Gabe and Noo I am sure I could cope with a playhouse Laughing

And I would love an aviary set up but our garden is on a slope, not front to back but from left to right so getting a reasonably sized aviary into place would be too big an ask of Chris. We do have a patio area under the kitchen window where the hutch is at the moment so the playhouse + run would be going there.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down