Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daisys Bum - U/D Hes ok, Thanks HH's for support x x x

+9
Rosie Rabbit
ElleyMay
Rhianna
Happy Hoppers
Sixer
Jay
Snowy
Magoo
KatieB
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Daisys Bum - U/D Hes ok, Thanks HH's for support x x x Empty Daisys Bum - U/D Hes ok, Thanks HH's for support x x x

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 am

Was checking daisys rear last night and his little bottom hole seems to be inflamed. Its not pink but it is hard and sticky outy. Normally it would be totally flat. Im quite worried. You can never quite be sure what vet your going to get at mine so if anyone has any ideas so I have some likely causes in mind before I go that would be great.

He is everso clean down there so i dont think he has flystrike.

He properly flinched when i touched it so I think it is painful.

He seems to be eating and pooing normally.

Last edited by Katieb on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Daisys Bum - U/D Hes ok, Thanks HH's for support x x x Empty Re: Daisys Bum - U/D Hes ok, Thanks HH's for support x x x

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:27 am

Maybe the onset of worms? I'm only saying that because it happened with our male cat and he needed worming treatment.

Could he have hemorroids? It sounds strange but maybe rabbits can get it too or maybe he's constipated so has a sore bum. How do his poo's look.

Massive vibes for the vets katie. Try not to worry. I'm sure it will get sorted xx
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Daisys Bum - U/D Hes ok, Thanks HH's for support x x x Empty Re: Daisys Bum - U/D Hes ok, Thanks HH's for support x x x

Post by Snowy Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:29 am

Be honest, I think you would flinch if someone poked your bottom wouldn't you Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, I don't think it's too serious, it certainly doesn't sound like flystike to me,you say he is eating and weeing and pooing normally?, is he behaving normally? running around?, or is he sitting all hunched up?

I have found this sometimes with some of my bunnies and then when I check again a couple of hours later it's back to normal, I think you are doing the right thing and taking him to the vet for a check up, but try not to worry too much

Whatever it is, I am sending Daisy mega vibes to be OK and sending you massive calming down hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:32 am

Vibes for your boy Katie, sorry, can't hep with this one x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 am

Is Daisy pooping OK?

What you describe does sound like a prolapse of the rectum but I have no idea if this happens in bunnies.

I would get it checked out if Daisy's bottom doesn't return to normal.

Loads of vibes to you both xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:24 am

Yep he is pooing fine - normal size, colour and normal amount.

God a vet appt at 4.30. I asked if I could see a "bunny savvy vet" and she told me that "all our vets are experienced and more than capable of dealing with a rabbit!" Sigh..........
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:06 am

I would keep checking on it throughout the day and see if anything changes prior to your appointment. Like Sixer I also thought of a prolapse but I am not sure if that is what you are describing as I believe it looks quite horrific. :s

Sending (((vibes))) that all is OK.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:07 am

Good news that Daisy is pooping OK Smile

'If' there is a problem with Daisy I wouldn't think you d need a truly bunny savvy vet to diagnose it.

Good luck, I will be at work later but will be thinking of you and Daisy xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:40 am

Katieb wrote:Yep he is pooing fine - normal size, colour and normal amount.

God a vet appt at 4.30. I asked if I could see a "bunny savvy vet" and she told me that "all our vets are experienced and more than capable of dealing with a rabbit!" Sigh..........

Have you checked him again?, is he still the same? will be thinking of you and good luck at the vets, please let us know how you get on
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 am

Checked him this morning and it didnt seem as bad as last night. Im at work at the mo so cant check him realy until 4 but will def check him when i get in.

I cant see anything that looks "internal" so im taking that as a good sign.

Thanks everyone ill let you know how we get on.

I dont know how somebun so little can make me worry so much!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Katieb wrote:Checked him this morning and it didnt seem as bad as last night. Im at work at the mo so cant check him realy until 4 but will def check him when i get in.

I cant see anything that looks "internal" so im taking that as a good sign.

Thanks everyone ill let you know how we get on.

I dont know how somebun so little can make me worry so much!

Laughing Laughing Laughing I have a feeling that they were put on this earth to worry the heck out of us Rolling Eyes Laughing

That's good if it's not as bad as last night, please try not to worry too much, the vet will give him a good check over and hopefully you will get an answer, good luck and we are all thinking of you
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Sending Daisy lots of bottom healing vibes. Maybe he has just passed a particularly hard and large raisin and his bottom has got sore and inflamed like ours can do sometimes if we are constipated. Has he been eating anything he shouldn't? Rug? Sofa? Skirting board?

Wishing you good luck at the vets later. xxxx

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Lots of vibes for your sanity and Daisy's bottom!!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Hope you get on fine at the vets Katie - these bunnies are indeed sent to worry us! x
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by HenriForever_ Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Vibes for Daisy!!!
HenriForever_
HenriForever_
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Any news?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Daisys Bum - U/D Hes ok, Thanks HH's for support x x x Empty Daisys Bum U/D - im just a worry wort??

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Just got back - apparently there nothing wrong.
The swelling that was there this morning has gone but his little bottom hole is still like a little tube. now I may be going mad but Ive done a million bum checks on the boy and it was always flat before.

She told me that he was perfectly normal. Maybe its me gone mad.

Anyway he seems fine in himself (apart from being in a right strop of course) but im just going to keep a good eye on it.

I guess Im just one of those over protective mummys and need to get a grip of myself.

Anyway Im really glad that the rest of the swelling has gone down......Rhianna suggested he may have eaten something that perhaps got wedged......which is not outside the realms of possibility!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Great news!!! I have been thinking about Daisy's bottom on and off this afternoon wondering how he was! Glad he is absolutely fine and can continue with being the lovely, naughty little furball we all know and love.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Rhianna wrote:Great news!!! I have been thinking about Daisy's bottom on and off this afternoon wondering how he was! Glad he is absolutely fine and can continue with being the lovely, naughty little furball we all know and love.

That must be quote of the year!

I am glad that Daisy's bottom is better. A sore sandy bottom is not nice. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Oh well done!, I bet you are relieved, just keep an eye on it and see how it goes, can you get a picture of it?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm so glad Daisy is fine and his bot appears to be normal. Relief all round!
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Good news Very Happy

I am so glad to hear that Daisy's bot is OK Thumbs Up
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks everyone!

Can I just ask tho - do everyone elses buns bums protrude a bit?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:59 am

Hi, how is Daisy this morning?, I am off to do bum checks later on but with 50 of them it could take a little while but will let you know the outcome
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 am

Thank you!

Good Luck with looking at 50 Bums!!!!!!! Shocked
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum