Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vet Beds

4 posters

Go down

Vet Beds Empty Vet Beds

Post by KatieB Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Daisy comes and spends his evenings in the front room with us. So I thought it might be nice for him to have something to snuggle up on in the corner. So I saw when ordering his hay a Vet Bed. Its come and is fabulously snuggly - but im surprised how fibrous it is! Its a funny kind of material and of course daisy has already got hard to work trying to remove the threads.

So I think im now going to have to take it away from him (although he loves it) because im worried about he swallowing too much of it as its quite nylon-ish and Im worried he'll do himself some damage.

Im really disappointed in it as I thought it would be bunny safe.

Sad
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Vet Beds Empty Re: Vet Beds

Post by Sixer Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Katie, I thought you might have realised by now there is not a lot that is bunny safe Laughing Especially Daisy safe! Vetbed may resist dogs chewing it, but rabbits - it doesn't stand a chance!

I've given up trying to use vetbed with ours Hmmm I bought a load to make warm sleeping areas in the sheds over the winter.

Rosie and BJ shredded their's. They didn't eat it, just tore great chunks off it.

Herbie and Hollie just dug theirs up and pushed it down the ramp hole, or if they didn't do that they wee'd on it No I am very impressed by the wee holding capacity of Vetbed though.

Ungrateful tikes. You would have thought they would have appreciated my efforts to keep thm warm Laughing
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:52 pm

I've seen those too on the hay experts website. They also have a soft blankie for bunnies which looks so beautiful and soft. Maybe a nice small faux sheepskin rug would be better? Although as vanessa said there isn't a lot that's bunny safe!
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha the two H's pushing it down the ramp hole! ha ha ha ha Thats what they thought of that!

I even paid the Bl****y extra to get the bigger size....Sigh.......
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:58 pm

He has a lovely snuggly matt under his sofa - its all fleecey and squidgey and he loves it - Ive not been able to find another anywhere...... Thats what i need! And I think it only cost me a fiver.

Thing is i can be talked into buying anything bunny-ish! I need to toughen up!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Quite a lot of my house bunnies have been happy with a little fabric cat bed lined with a towel....although a few of them also mistook it for a litter tray!
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 pm

I bought a bunny sized 'cat' bed too. I tried it with all three pairs (washed in between times) but all three pairs appreciated their nice new comfy litter and made good use of it Sad Laughing
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: