Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's

+9
NSD
becky
KatieB
Sixer
Catsknickers
KathyT
lopz
Snowy
DixieLuBun
13 posters

Go down

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Empty Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............

Post by DixieLuBun Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Yes thats right our foster bunny bless her gave birth to 9 yes 9 kittens at 12.45pm today both myself and Charlotte are now just hoping she can cope with the demand of looking after them all. Love

My son went out and bought her a big bag of spinach and we have been out picking all our dandilion leaves as we have loads Laughing

Well here are some pics of Mum and of her nest before she covered it up....... Happy Dance

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDMtMjAxMDA0MTctMTQyN

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDAtMjAxMDA0MTctMTQyN

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDEtMjAxMDA0MTctMTQyN Hugs

This has been the biggest birth I have had Ammie had 6 kittens and Fudge had 5, so 9 is scary and hope they all survive. Love
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Empty Re: Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's

Post by Snowy Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Crikey!, hope she is OK and the babies too!, you are going to have your hands full very soon Laughing
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Empty Re: Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's

Post by DixieLuBun Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:31 pm

I know, what do I do if I find some of them aren't feeding? What do I give them if anything and how? scratch

I want to do what is best they have all been left alown today but tomorrow will do a head count and make sure all are ok we see the nest moving and the odd squeek. I will rest when they are old enough to exit nest and start feeding.......... (Charlotte the next babies are yours my dear) my nails can't cope. Laughing
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:45 pm

If it were me, I always leave nature to it, I wouldn't disturb the nest too much, rub your hands in mummy's poo and then just have a quick look and make sure none have died, but apart from that I would leave them to it, just make sure mummy has some nice dark green spring leaf to eat as that will help her make the milk for the babies, good luck Thumbs Up I am sure you will do a fantastic job with them
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 am

I read "kittens" and "spinach" "dandelions" and I got very very confused Laughing
Then I saw, this cat is a bunny!!
It's not unusual to have a big litter and I should leave nature to it too. She'll be very hungry I suppose (I was when breasfeeding Very Happy )
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:31 am

Oooh, baby bunsters Love Blimey you're going to be busy with that lot!

Keeping everything crossed for a happy outcome x
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:53 am

I would love to have the next babies! Still can't believe what Jess has done!!!! pale
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:12 am

Nine Shocked Goodness

I hope Jess is OK. You will have your hands full with nine babies Hmmm
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Blimey! how did I miss this!

9! Did you say 9????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Jess.

Hope she is okay and all the babies are alright.

Good luck with your little bundles of joy.

K x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:58 pm

How are they doing?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:03 am

Wow thats a lot of babies, hope they are all ok and of course hope mums ok x

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Wed May 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Well they have all survived and doing very well so is poor mum even if looking a little bedraggled. With nine of them no wonder. Sorry not been on much but been busy busy busy.

Taken at 2 weeks feeding time they had all not long opened their eyes so was great.

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzUtMjAxMDA1MDUtMjA0M

With the proud Mum Jess...

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzctMjAxMDA1MDUtMjA0M

Now taken just tonight they were 3 weeks old on Saturday and all so full of life and I only wish I had their bounce Happy Dance

Jess has 9 Kittens that we can see............UD Photo's Utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDQtMjAxMDA1MTItMjIwM Love
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Thu May 13, 2010 3:47 am

Awww gorgeous! What beautiful baby bunnies - so tiny! Poor mum must be exhausted but it's so wonderfult hey are all doing well Love
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu May 13, 2010 8:29 am

Too cute for words x Love I will be round for a cuddle
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

OMG they are so beautiful! What a handful though!!! What an absolutely gorgeous bunch!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Thu May 13, 2010 9:29 pm

I think you are getting bunny-broody katie Laughing

they are so beautiful! Am so pleased they are doing well:)
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Fri May 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Oh my word, I think I just melted Love Love Love

What a gorgoues bunch of babies and what a proud mum! Very Happy
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Fri May 14, 2010 6:13 pm

They are beautiful Smile
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat May 15, 2010 10:18 am

They are just beautiful. Love Love

You must spend your time counting them all when they are loose to make sure you get them all back!!

Jess has done amazingly well, I honestly thought that a couple would die because it was such a big litter. She's a star and deserves LOTS of treats.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat May 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Oh i can just picture what fun capturing them all must be........

YEP - I am def bunny broody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down