Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:( sore hocks

5 posters

Go down

:( sore hocks Empty :( sore hocks

Post by coco Sun May 23, 2010 1:40 pm

what am I doing wrong to deserve all this? If its not one problem its another, why can't I just have a bunny who is healthy?

Noisette has now got sore hocks Sad any help would be really appreciated on this, I have no idea what to expect from it. I only noticed them today after Noisette's vet visit with Paula when she was in the carrier in the car all flopped out.

Her hocks though... I am worried about them already, I can't believe I didn't see it sooner Crying or Very sad It looks like the beginning of them though so hopefully I can stop them from progressing more Sad I will get some photos in my next post... I am just shocked about it. The only reason I can think what has bought it on is the wet weather we had before hand. She is constantly outside on the grass, so many this is what has bought it on Sad However I am guessing that her being on daily baytril has stopped them from flaring too much.

However, Paula has said she wants Noisette to go under light sedation in the next few months so she can have a good deep look at her teeth because they seem to be playing up again. She said its not urgent, so she said to book it when I am completely free (which is mid-July!) but she said that's fine. I had a look at Noisettes teeth using Paula's instrument thingamy and I could clearly see a spur growing towards her cheek. Paula said she doesn't need to operate on it because Noisette is such a brilliant fibre eater it will hopefully keep it down.

Anyway, what have you all treated sore hocks with? Opinions appreciated, thanks all xx
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

:( sore hocks Empty Re: :( sore hocks

Post by Vivi Sun May 23, 2010 6:58 pm

I use Sudocrem on Cid's feet.. Someone else here suggested that to me, though I don't remember who! It seems to work well
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by *Spider* Sun May 23, 2010 8:52 pm

My boy Gabriel has sore hocks. I don't know why he gets them he just does Sad
Doesn't mean we're doing anything wrong!
*Spider*
*Spider*
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1004
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.myspace.com/hettyrulesuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue May 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Janak - Bella gets them too Sad Won't wear bandages. I get as much cream on em as I can Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 pm

i used sudocrem and aloe vera gel on barney's sore hocks. they have cleared up now he is off carpet.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down