Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scary story

5 posters

Go down

Scary story Empty Scary story

Post by Aurorafox Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:21 pm

I just had to tell you all about one of the scariest moments I've had with my bunnies. I live kind of out in the country in a piney woods sort of area in southwest Texas. So we do get wildlife out here, coyotes, opposoms, wild stray cats and lots of red tail hawks. There are a lot of big tall trees in the back of my house and one spring a couple of hawks decided to build their nest in one of those trees. The only thing is that tree was about 20 feet from my rabbit hutches. Well eventually their babies hatched and if you looked up you could see theses white little fuzzy heads staring down at you. I always got nervous when I went out there to feed my bunnies, the mom would sit in her nest and glare at me. One afternoon I was holding one of my bunnies and I looked up and there was the hawk in it's nest again staring down at me. It gave me the heeby jeebies but I just tried to ignore it. The next moment I look up again and I see the hawk dive bombing me with it's talons coming straight towards my face and my bunny. Instinctively I ducked down and covered over my bunny. The hawk just barely missed me and swooped over my back. I then ran back into my house as fast as I could. It scared the heck out of me. I didn't want to go out there ever again. Eventually I had to go out there again, but this time with a big umbrella. After the hawk babies grew up they all flew away and finally left me and my bunnies in peace. But everytime I see a hawk or hear one scream it sure makes my blood turn cold. pale
Aurorafox
Aurorafox
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-07-25

http://www.rabbitmeadowstudio.com      https://www.facebook.com/p

Back to top Go down

Scary story Empty Re: Scary story

Post by KatieB Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:28 pm

OMG how scary!! Glad they have moved on....your poor buns must have hated them being up there! Being looked at like they were a tasty snack! Id be a nervous wreck!

Sounds like a beautiful place where you live though!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:09 pm

God I would have been terrified, well done you for protecting bunny! Wow Texas huh what is it like there! x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:01 am

Hawk must have felt you were threatening her babies! As if you were going to climb the tree. Silly bird. Good presence of mind to cover the bun and your face. Those birds have mean sharp talons.

We've had owls in our garden coming to look at the buns. They tend to just sit on a tall bit of trellis and the rabbits very obligingly climb up onto the top of their hutch to look back. But as Gloria is a bit of a flumpster, she would be an eagle sized takeaway and far too much for a Tawny Owl. Laughing

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:45 am

gives me the creeps as I am terrified of birds.
I do love birds of prey, but they must stay away from my face anytime.
Are your buns safe from all the wild animals?
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum