Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild bun in garden

5 posters

Go down

Wild bun in garden Empty Wild bun in garden

Post by NickieM Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 pm

For the last couple of days we have had a wild bun visiting the garden.

Wolfie has been beside himself and went into maniac killer / protector mode. Gloria is probably more psychotic than him, but Wolfs want to be the dominant bun and if Glo comes over will nip her and chase her away. She sits all fluffed up and radiating aggression at the intruder. When she rushes over her tail is well up and she is really cross.

The wildie has hopped up and down the fence, done lots of poos and chinned everything in sight. It also eats the grass on the outside of the fence right in front of Wolfie's face. Bit of a cheek that! It even had a good old groom too.

Felix is more laid back about it all but Wolfie is a bundle of nervous anger. He is alleviating this by digging frantically which is probably giving him something to do.

All the buns are vaccinated and the wildie can't get into their compound (it would probably regret doing so very quickly) so it is interesting to see how they react. If it hangs around too much, I'll have to chase it, but think it is probably something that will disappear soon. It is the most beautiful wildie, probably quite young. Its coat is in fabulous condition and has a ginger tinge with black edges to its ears. It could be part domestic rabbit because there is a colony of inter-bred rabbits nearby which has white, black buns amongst the normal agouti coloured ones.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Wild bun in garden Empty Re: Wild bun in garden

Post by racheld69 Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 pm

ha ha Barney reacts like that with Pirate running up and down the run while pirate chins it and sits there. My Mum was saying 'ahh look he is trying to say hello'. I was like 'umm no Mum he is trying to kill him'.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurorafox Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:04 am

It sounds like the wild rabbit is trying to provoke your bunnies. Like he knows what he's doing and he's just rubbing it in your bunnies faces. hehe Just like how my brothers would tease me when I was younger. When I was in Scotland for my honeymoon my husband and I were walking down the hill from the Wallace monument and I saw a little brown bunny sitting in the forest by a tree. It was like out of a fairy tale it was so beautiful. I took a picture of it. I'll try to post it if I find it. Smile
Aurorafox
Aurorafox
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-07-25

http://www.rabbitmeadowstudio.com      https://www.facebook.com/p

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:24 pm

How fascinating that he comes to visit. Although he is clearly winding up Glo and the Wolf man, I think he is fab.

He's obviously cheeky and thinks the lives your three have is so fab he wants to be adopted too. Bless him x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:31 pm

OOh a wild intruder.... they are gonna be going crazy.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down