Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible Cruelty *warning - upsetting*

+6
Jay
NickieM
Snowy
SarahJane
Yodaphine
Catsknickers
10 posters

Go down

Terrible Cruelty *warning - upsetting* Empty Terrible Cruelty *warning - upsetting*

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Terrible Cruelty *warning - upsetting* Empty Re: Terrible Cruelty *warning - upsetting*

Post by Yodaphine Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Just read this on your facebook Crying or Very sad Its discusting!!! I cant post what I would like to do to that scumbag, as this is too much of a public place! Mad Mad Mad

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Terrible Cruelty *warning - upsetting* Empty Re: Terrible Cruelty *warning - upsetting*

Post by SarahJane Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:42 pm

I saw this today. Its horrendous, the photos made me cry, its dreadful. I think this is going to be big, its all over facebook emails, everywhere and people even non bunny folk like us are horrified because normally you see a bunny in a filthy condition, but these photos are truly horrific and I hope it hits home that something needs to be done urgently to stop this cruelty SadSad

I have very very limited funds but I managed to donate £10 this morning, I just hope they can clear this awful mess up that someone has created. I wish I could offer one of those bunnies a home, I hate having such a huge set up and not be able to have any more furries when there some who need love so badly.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:45 pm

I am with you yodaphine Mad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:59 pm

I saw it too and it's truly heartbreaking, sadly this is going on up and down the country, what makes me so angry is that the RSPCA won't do anything, they knew about this situation and didn't help those poor animals, they make me sick

Last edited by Snowy on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 pm

I can't fathom how this could happen either. At our branch this WOULD NOT be tolerated. And surely it should be the same across the board. I seriously wish all branches were like ours Sad These poor poor rabbits and to think there are others out there in the same situation and we don't know about it so can't help them Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm

I gave my bunnies such a soppy cuddle earlier, i had tears in my eyes and I just wished I was with those poor neglected bunnies, I know it happens everywhere - everytime something like this happens no matter whether its 1 bunny or 70 bunnies, it breaks my heart and I just want snuggle mine forever.

I just wish I could do more.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:14 pm

What is wrong with the RSPCA in Norfolk!!! That is neglect on a biblical scale and something should have been done about it years ago. Thank goodness the man was capable of telling someone about the rabbits or they might all have just starved to death.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Sad I saw this somewhere else, the pictures were horrifying. I really don't understand why a national organisation has so many policy discrepancies, it doesn't make any sense, it's like the animals have a post-code lottery.

I'm so glad someone got them out of there.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:39 pm

I really is. I don't understand it - I feel like my branch is a seperate organisation.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:12 pm

I have emailed all the major vaccine manufacturers and asked them to consider donating vaccines and medicines to the rescue. Fingers crossed they see the PR value in doing so.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Well that's precisely it Charlotte, all RSPCA's are run independantly of their head office, they all run to their own rules and regulations and clearly Norfolk doesn't give a damn about rabbits
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:23 pm

NickieM wrote:I have emailed all the major vaccine manufacturers and asked them to consider donating vaccines and medicines to the rescue. Fingers crossed they see the PR value in doing so.

Excellent work Nickie Thumbs Up
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Absolutely shocking! It breaks my heart it really does.

Well done Nickie.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Sorry but I just can't look because it will pray on my mind and I would commit murder if I got hold of the person responsible. It would be a slow death too!! Knowing I can;t do anything about it only adds fuel to my fire.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

I know that feeling Jo. I could never be an RSPCA inspector as I would end up on a GBH charge.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 pm

We are truly soulmates, thank you for your kind reply.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Oh how awful...Sad At least most of those beautiful buns will find new homes now, not that they should have ever experienced such cruelty to begin with x
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm hoping to see Anne over the next couple of days, I'll show her the site, see if there's anything she can suggest or do.
Nice work Nickie, have you heard anything?
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:28 pm

I dont usually give to charities, as I am a stingy old misery-guts, but today broke the habit of a lifetime and made a donation to the sanctuary, cos was so horrified by whats happened. RWF have said on facebook that donations are coming in from all over, but good god, that rescue have got their work cut out.

My bunnies mean the world to me. How can anyone treat animals like this? Thankfully they are in safe hands now, and I look forward to hearing about their progress.

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Well done Reen. I have just donated too. It is just unreal. Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 pm

I look forward to hearing more too. Well done darling.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Jay wrote:I'm hoping to see Anne over the next couple of days, I'll show her the site, see if there's anything she can suggest or do.
Nice work Nickie, have you heard anything?

I haven't heard anything back from the companies, but I directed them to PACT so hope that they have been able to help.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum