Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Billy Bunny Keeps Wee-ing in his Bed. Any ideas?

+2
NickieM
Corrina
6 posters

Go down

My Billy Bunny Keeps Wee-ing in his Bed. Any ideas? Empty My Billy Bunny Keeps Wee-ing in his Bed. Any ideas?

Post by Corrina Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:07 pm

My Billy is 5 n a half and keeps wee-ing in his bed. He was treated for EC over a year ago and made a recovery, but has been slower and weaker since this. He has a good appetite, drinks his water from a bottle no problem, no teeth troubles, is able to move about and get to his woodchip toilet area. His currants are the right size and consistency, and I have closely examined them for this. He was indoors recently and wasnt incontinent, he did regular puddles of wee at various intervals.

So what is all this nest-wetting about? Could it just be his age, the EC, or can rabbits go a bit senile? He's always very friendly to me and loves strokes and treats.

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

My Billy Bunny Keeps Wee-ing in his Bed. Any ideas? Empty Re: My Billy Bunny Keeps Wee-ing in his Bed. Any ideas?

Post by NickieM Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Some buns like to wee in their bed. It is where mine have always chosen to make their hutch toilet area. But if this is something new, has something changed recently in your set-up? It might be an idea to get him checked out to see if he has a urine infection. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will come along soon.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

My Billy Bunny Keeps Wee-ing in his Bed. Any ideas? Empty Re: My Billy Bunny Keeps Wee-ing in his Bed. Any ideas?

Post by Catsknickers Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:17 am

I think Billy has just decided this is where he wants to wee, the old goat. The only other think I can think would be to put a litter tray in with a bit of hay in it to try to encourage him to wee elsewhere. Some buns like to have a snack whilst using the loo!!! I guess it is an alternativ to taking a magazine or doing a crossword (like my dad)! If there was hay in a litter tray he might be encouraged to go there instead. Worth a try?! X

Last edited by Catswhiskas on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:03 am

Agree with both the lovely ladies above. I'd probably pop him to the vets just to check theres no little infection going on or anything - and I'd try a litter tray too Very Happy Hope hes alright XX
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Thank you ladies! Its also occurred to me that now he is a slower rabbit, once he's had the urge to tinkle he may not have time to get to his lavatorium, so just does it wherever he is, even if it is all over his duvet cover!

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Naughty old Billster. He needs that Stan-a-stair lift doesn't he. What with him with his old age and you with your bunions you could see if there was a buy one, get once free offer on!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Do they make tenalady for bunnies? Tenabunny?? Charlotte has loads. She could let you have some. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:26 am

ROFL Tenabunny! Oooh don't make me laugh.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:38 am

Bless Billy Love nothing to add Corrina, but I hope he's ok x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:17 pm

I had a similar problem with Roo, during the first 2 weeks she was amazing, she would stop what she was doin and go beltin over to her litter tray like her life depended on it...but when her hormones started to kick in she started weein anywhere she thought she could get away with, and if i dared tell her not to, she would glare at me like a petulant child!! So I tried a different approach, and got her another litter tray, so she didnt have to go so far (even though my lounge aint exactly massive Suspect ) So far, the problem has now been solved! Very Happy

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Im going to get him a litter tray for his bedroom, its worth a try. It will be like a little chamber pot for him. if I put it in his hutch boudoir!

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Corrina wrote:Im going to get him a litter tray for his bedroom, its worth a try. It will be like a little chamber pot for him. if I put it in his hutch boudoir!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 am

Am pleased to announce that after providing my BB with a litter tray, he is making full use of it, and no longer bed-wetting!!!

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down