Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not drinking U/D March 7th and hopefully last

+4
FudgesMummy
Jay
KatieB
charyuop
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

not drinking U/D March 7th and hopefully last - Page 3 Empty Re: not drinking U/D March 7th and hopefully last

Post by charyuop Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:18 pm

From discharge paper (I include notes of what Vet told me)
Physical exam:
-Body weight: 1260 g. [she wants BunnyBoo to reach 1500 g.)
-Thin body condition (BCS=1.5/5) [Vet explained me that 1 is lowest that mean BunnyBoo is heavily underweight...and that we expected since he didn't eat much. But the vet said she found BunnyBoo with a little bit more weight from last time...LOL the new cage effect!)
-Plugged left pre-scrotal gland [me and my wife really need to learn how to do it!)
-Bottom and top molar teeth pointed [Procedure took a bit longer. Vet said by what she had seen last time and what she managed to actually see this time with bunny anesthetized was 2 completely different things. His molars were really in bad conditions. But she took 5 xrays and so no damage to the teeth or the roots).
Diagnosis:
-Points on upper and lower molars are inhibiting proper alignment and chewing which can decrease the amount of food actually swallowed and digested for nutrition.
Dental Procedure:
-Midazolam 5mg/ml was administered 0.25ml (1.26mg) IM in the right hind limb for sedation and induction of anesthesia.
-Insolfurane gas was used to maintain the proper level of anesthesia.
-Normosol R with Vitamin B complex was administered 60 mls above the shoulder to maintain hydration.
-Points were clipped and lightly filed to create a flat occlusal surface so that upper and lower molars meet properly and chewing of food can occur normally.
-there were no complications with anesthesia or the dental procedure [she said there wasn't any blood spill at all]

Now...as the vet agreed with me, this won't solve the problem of being picky, but at least will get rid of the pain. Now I go prepare some soft salad...I will give him pellets tonight.
We do feel much better...thank to all of you who stayed close to us.

charyuop
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

not drinking U/D March 7th and hopefully last - Page 3 Empty Re: not drinking U/D March 7th and hopefully last

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Oh im so glad you have got to the bottom of it all.

Now that his teeth are done I bet he will improve. They must have been hurting him the poor little man.

I hope that bunnyboo gets better soon, I'm sure he will, bunny tooth pain can be really horrible for them. After Daisy has had his teeth done it normally takes him 3 or 4 days to be eating again, so you may need to still keep an eye on him til then and see how he gets on.

Keep us updated on the little chaps. I am keen to find out how there bond goes.

Katie x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm

So glad he's gonna be ok. They may need burring every so oftyen. You can give him pre-soaked porridge oats to help him gain weight, leave them in water for 20 mins or so first though.

Hope he's started eating again. That report was an interesting read Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3