Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rehoming Nougat?

5 posters

Go down

Rehoming Nougat? Empty Rehoming Nougat?

Post by Indie22 Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi, I couldn't gain access to post in the private homes section but really wanted to write this now so if it isn't allowed then very sorry your welcome to move/delete it if need be.

First off most of you remember nougat who I have spent such a long time bonding with different rabbits. All to fail till I bought taffie who she is happy with. In the last couple of months taffie has escaped several times and gotten into the trio (1boy 2 girls) next door to her pen in the shed. The first time I was amazed that they all liked her and there was no evidence of fighting. She always manages to get out with them in the garden to. I am shocked to see her running with the wrong group but again they all love her. Because they are always together I wondered if nougat would go to but nougat has always clashed drastically with them and that a no go-er. Taffie is nice to nougat but seems much happier and plays with the other group and since I put her back with nougat again last night she is digging, biting and pushing my partitions enough to rip the staples out. If taffie got out its not a problem but if nougat did there would be problems. Heres the thing though....If I keep taffie with nougat I am compramising what taffie wants (friend that are far more interactive and playfull). If I move her so shes happier I compramise what nougat wants by leaving her on her own again. Although they get on there isnt any life and play between the two of them.

Nougat has always been a very switched off bunny and only seems to exist not enjoy life. She has a huge area and will just daydream, doesnt play with toys or eat treats and is generally quiet but there was 2 times I had her in the kitchen just with me and she was a completely different rabbit. She climbs on my knee, gives me kisses, stands up with her feet on my shoulders for kisses, nibbles my shoes and really just has far more spring in her step. I have never forgotten the difference in her and as much as I don't want to part with her im 99% sure she would be a much happier bunny as a house rabbit with lots of hugs and slob time. It would let taffie be who she wanted to be and give nougat a better chance. I have thought about this over a period of time and the easy option for me would be just to put a solid partition between the two and ignore taffies attemps at friend making but thats not whats best for the buns.....Please tell me if I am being stupid but you all know your buns well and you would know whats best for them. In the mean time I feel I would like to find a loving indoor home for her.

Scuse my typos, I am tired and stressed. Thanks for reading.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Rehoming Nougat? Empty Re: Rehoming Nougat?

Post by KatieB Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 pm

I think that you know your bunnies best.
Some buns really do prefer human company to other bunnies and Nougat sounds like she might be one of those.

Is there no way you could take her inside as a house bun honey?

I really hope that you can work this all out for her, and i wish that I could help.

Katie x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Awh hun Sad. I think if you feel and know what is best for her and where she will thrive you are doing the right thing. It's great that you are thinking about her needs before anything else. From what you've said it does sound like she would be a brill indoor bunster. I hope you are doing okay, it seems like you've put a lot of thought into it so you obviously aren't making this decision lightly. Hope you find an amazing home for her and good luck xxx Hugs
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks, I just wanted to write honestly and hope I wasnt talking jibberish. I hate rehoming a bun I have had since a baby but I am glad you can see what makes me think this. I have had a few rabbits that havnt worked out but usually through agression or a sudden fight in a group with no room for singles, theres not much you can do. but this is different when your making the choice with a loved bunny.

Also theres no way I would have room for a house bun. My room is filled with my reptiles and my mum wouldnt have it as I still live at home. I already get a lot of garden space with my sheds, shes great about them but theres limits which is fair

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 am

Yes, Im sure you know what is best for your bunnies, and its a really brave choice to make, to sacrifice a bunny you love so the bunny can have a happier life.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the end.
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:24 pm

You are being brave in being so honest about the situation. If you can't keep her indoors and know she is unhappy outside, then maybe rehoming is the best option. You know her better than anyone. I hope you find a good home for her so you know she is happy.

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:39 pm

A woman came to collect a massive run of mines for her guineas tonight and fell in love with nougat, she has the space, loads of time and love and seemed great for her. She took her home and is going to keep me up to date on how she does. Was upset shed left but was relieved I took the decision. Thanks for the support. Thats what makes this a great forum

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Wishing Nougat lots of happiness in her new home.

It must have been hard for you hun, keep us updated on how she is doing when you hear from her. x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:24 pm

That is a hard but good outcome for Nougat. It took guts to admit that you needed to do something so drastic to make her happy. You put her needs before yours and that's what makes you such a good bunny mummy. I hope she is really happy in her new home.

Hugs to you for being so brave Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks, I dont tend to cry much but did a little when she left. I know she will be looked after.

I occupied my mind arranging taffie into the group for good now so she can stop escaping! Shes settling in nice, in love with jeff. Zack is being a bit grumpy but not evil so it should calm down. Zack just thinks she should be in charge even though shes not lead girl. At least its not a full introduction since shes escaped into them and out with them so many times.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down