Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petplan or Pets at Home insurance?

+3
Big Ears
Becki
alicia
7 posters

Go down

Petplan or Pets at Home insurance? Empty Petplan or Pets at Home insurance?

Post by alicia Sun May 01, 2011 6:58 pm

I've decided to get Archie and Molly insured but I don't know whether to go with PetPlan or Pets at Home. I don't know how much it would be for them, I could get a quote but they wanted my phone number and I don't really want to put my phone number in until I'm sure that's the company I want to go with. I've briefly read through their policies, I'm going to have a proper look at it in a few minutes, but I was just interested to know which you'd recommend, if your rabbits are insured? Archie and Molly were insured with PetPlan when I got them, it was a months free insurance, but as we never had to use it I don't know what they are like really.
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Petplan or Pets at Home insurance? Empty Re: Petplan or Pets at Home insurance?

Post by Becki Sun May 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Petplan, I would go for x
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun May 01, 2011 8:54 pm

I would recommend Pet Plan although I did have one claim they messed about over paying. I've had 5 claims so far and another one just put in. they have paid out well on the other claims.

I can't 'not' recommend Pets @ Home insurance as I have no experience of it and I will probably by taking a policy out with them for Artie (who is 5+ so I can't insure with Pet Plan.

If you do monthly payments with P@H you would need to sign a credit agreement, something I'm not prepared to do, Pet Plan don't make you do this.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 02, 2011 9:04 am

I would reccomend petplan, deffo.

When I had my doggies I adopted them from a guy who was going to continue paying the insurance premiums. One of them became really ill and when I went to make a claim I discovered he had stopped paying he premioms 4 months previously. They said that If I made up the missed premiums they would still pay out and the claim was neary £1000! I thought that was brilliant!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Mon May 02, 2011 10:12 am

I would also recommend PetPlan, I've got all 5 of mine with them.

I've had an ongoing claim for Ruby over the last 3 years and have not had any problem at all. In total I guess it would amount to £3500 - £4000 in that time. Bearing in mind that some policies put a maximum per illness (Petplan it is per illness per year) I know that she is covered as long as I keep paying. A real peace of mind.

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon May 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Both Wolfgang and the late Gloria are with Petplan (obviously not Gloria now Sad) and I found them to be really quick to settle when Gloria was very ill and died.

Unfortunately, they won't insure Felix due to his existing problems that he arrived with.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 pm

I would highly recommend Petplan, having claimed when my Bob lost his leg and all the problems that followed then when my poor Lupin fell ill again I had to claim. Petplan paid my vet direct so I only had to deal with the excess. As for Pets @ Home like Big Ears I can not comment as havent had any dealings with their insurance nor had a look at what it entails.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down