Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My friend the wild bunny. :)

+2
Jay
Lottie
6 posters

Go down

My friend the wild bunny. :) Empty My friend the wild bunny. :)

Post by Lottie Sun May 08, 2011 9:18 am

I walk a dog everyday (not mine), and for the past week or so I've been seeing a wild bunny in an area of the park where hardly anyone goes because there's no path and people are lazy.
But I love to go there, not only can I let the dog off leash but because I feel like I'm lost in a jungle.
Anyway, I've been seeing this bunny, a little agouti dude or dudette, with a white fluffy tail. Smile
The first few times it was afraid of me, whenever I arrived at it's spot (it's always at the same place, I suppose it's burrow is near) it would kick the ground and run to hiding.
But the last two times I saw it, as long as I didn't get too close, I could just observe it and it didn't run!
Of course I don't let the dog off leash, and I haven't been able to take a picture yet because both of my hands are busy keeping the dog at my side (he's a french mastiff, so all my strenght is needed).

I hope I'll keep seeing this little bunster and that eventually I'll be able to take pictures!
And who knows, there might end up being a whole bun family in that area! albino albino albino Happy Dance
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

My friend the wild bunny. :) Empty Re: My friend the wild bunny. :)

Post by Jay Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 am

Oh that's great, we have a family who live on a roundabout near us Shocked They're so beautiful, I think there's nothing more special than watching wildeis Very Happy
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:41 pm

At the bottom of my garden, just in the edge of the wood is a small warren where all (or most) of the buns have a white dot on their foreheads. Way back when I had Clawed as a houserabbit one of these buns, a doe who had grown up on my lawns, became so friendly she would come in for breakfast when I called her. As the spring gave way to summer she became even friendlier and took to joining me and my border collie, Misty and my bun, Clawed, on our walks through the wood. Neighbours were gobsmacked when they saw us... me, my dog, my pet rabbit and a wildie out walking!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Wow- that's amazing!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Jay wrote:Oh that's great, we have a family who live on a roundabout near us Shocked They're so beautiful, I think there's nothing more special than watching wildeis Very Happy

nearly every roundabout in town has buns living on them here.... we have always wondered why they live on the roundabouts.. people feed them...

Do you think it is because they feel safe being cut off from predators ? If thats the case the wild buns r very clever...

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:30 pm

That is pretty amazing Lottie to get a wildie to trust you. You must be very patient. Love Love
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down