Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rory and the snip!

5 posters

Go down

Rory and the snip! Empty Rory and the snip!

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:50 am

So far rory hasnt had his jabs yet, this is dawdling on my part, he is well, but i have dragged my heels because i wanted to make sure he was 100% and had a bad experiance with felix' vhd which u know was cylap- rory of course will have anivac anyhow. Im wondering, now im sure he is tickedy boo, whether to have him neutured first. He sprays and isnt great with the litter tray, and i think house training will be easier when its done. Also the girls will be ready for their spays at the end of the mnth. The girls will need to be in the house to recover and so perhaps it makes sense to have rory done first and nurse him afterwards before i have to concentrate on the girls? Also rory is a bit knotty underneath still, and with testicles he is difficult to groom! I dont want to catch him with even the softest of brushes. Does the vet shave that whole area? He could do with it, its the only area left thats a bit tangled.
what do u reckon, get his jabs done first, or the neuter? Thats the trouble with 3 the same age, they all need doing at once!
I am a bit scared, more for rory than the girls, mainly because the breeder told me he nearly died and yet god knows what was wrong with him. Also, as well as he is doing, he has no where near the strength and agility of the girls, he couldnt get on the sofa or anything, he just seems more fragile. The thought of leaving him at the vets or anywhere fills me with dread - the girls are strong and have each other, little casanova is a different story :-\
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Rory and the snip! Empty Re: Rory and the snip!

Post by KatieB Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 am

I would say that its quite important to get the mixi done first really. I dont know how long after that he can have the op though.

When daisy was poorly and had to go into the vet, the nurse told me that he had had to be moved to a different area because they had a mixi bun in - and I remember being really glad that he had been jabbed.

K x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 am

I think Katie's right. If he caught it at the vets after his op, his system would be compromised from the op. Get him myxied first. A couple of weeks later he could be neutered. My buns weren't shaved, they just had their plums emptied, but you could ask you vet to shave off the taggles as you are having problems and he needs to be able to groom himself down below.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:25 am

Bloomin good point! Didnt even think of that! Myxi it is- will see if they can fit him in tonight, time to stop worrying and 'grow a pair' just as rorys about to lose a pair! Ha ha x
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:59 am

Good luck hon, Myxi fisrt Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks guys Smile he is booked in for 6.40 tonight - im going to be very assertive and tell the vet that he can check him over when i have had 2 minutes to calm him down, and he jab him when his head is in my arm pit, i wont have him scared to death like last time. I could commit abh for that boy! X
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 am

Good for you hun!

Good luck for little Rory too.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Rory did great at the vets, lovely vet we hadnt met before. Teeth are excellent, put on 300grams in 6 wks, said he is still on the thin side but just carry on with what im doing. She said he is the best groomed lionhead she has ever seen, and the most affectionate! Casanova will give anyone a smooch, even the person who stuck a metal object in his mouth and jabbed him with a needle. This vet knew her stuff, and was happy to guided by me on how he is best handle him - will ask for her in future! Rory seems his normal self so far, i will give him his veggies in a min and stay up late with him, give him some scratchy scratchy and massage time Smile he will have his vhd in 2 wks, and all being well he will have his neuter op 2 wks after that- it would be good if i could bulk him up a bit more so i might try him again with some soaked oats, he didnt go for it last time - all suggestions welcome Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Glad Rory has had his jab and was a good boy she sounds like a good bunny vet which is what you want .

Give Rory a big kiss and cuddle from his Godmummy, Jess say's she hope's she is as good when she has to have her jab Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Will do! Thank u! He is in a strop and stamping at the mo, i ran out of brocoli and he is looking at the 4 other types of veg in his bowl as if to say 'wheres the tree's?' he puts his back to me and strops when his routine is altered ha ha. Was jess not jabbed whilst she was in rescue? How is she settling in? I bought this spray the other wk for grooming, it has almond oil in it, have u ever used it? I have used a little on rorys knots and it seems to help, i wandered if u might find it usefull for the matts inside jess's legs when her fur grows and its not too close to the skin to get too? X
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down