Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dried greens / 'treat' hay recommendations?

4 posters

Go down

Dried greens / 'treat' hay recommendations? Empty Dried greens / 'treat' hay recommendations?

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:33 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what is a good 'supplimentary' hay/dried greens to try? I've been looking on the Hay Experts website and have no idea what to go for! Is there anything buns seem to have more of a liking for or anything with good health properties?
I was thinking maybe the dried dandelions?

And would I mix it in with his usual hay or give it separately?

Thanks,
Fran x

Last edited by JoeyBunsMum on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Dried greens / 'treat' hay recommendations? Empty Re: Dried greens / 'treat' hay recommendations?

Post by KatieB Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Daisy loves the Plantain on there. I just give him a little bit every now and then but its not really a Hay.

He loves the Oxbow Organic Meadow hay, but this is more an everyday than a treat hay.

So all in all - ive been no help at all really! Laughing
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Dried greens / 'treat' hay recommendations? Empty Re: Dried greens / 'treat' hay recommendations?

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:52 pm

fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:12 pm

No worries Katie Smile Thanks for the link fall3n ang3l .

Joey has a good quality meadow/timothy hay mix, but I want to give him some dried 'treat' greens if that makes sense! I know there are some you have to limit because of the calcium in them (Readigrass, which he has very occasionally)
So I'm looking for some low calcium dried greenary Laughing

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:40 pm

also try these,they do a lot of things too,havent ordered from them so dont know what there like but ive got them on my fav' links and you can pay with palpal so i presume there good

http://rabbitpetsupplies.co.uk/
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Readigrass isn't very high in calcium and can be given moderately - it isn't a real treat only food. Mine get a good handful each day. The oat hay is good as well, mine love it as a treat. I think I am right in thinking that you need to be careful with Dandelions as they are diuretic and can cause kidney issues if fed too regularly. And they like getting the trial bags of hay as you don't just get hay but you also get paperbags to play with!

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:27 pm

I went for the 'Variety Pack ' of hays and plantain...lets hope bubba enjoys it!

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Are any of your buns as Picky as my lil git? I wish he was as bored with his food as I am with serving it! I NEED THE CHANGE!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum