Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Glasgow

+9
woodwench
KatieB
Thumper2001
NickieM
Tuckerbunnies
Jay
Josie
dizzylynn
And Clover makes 4
13 posters

Go down

Hello from Glasgow Empty Hello from Glasgow

Post by And Clover makes 4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi there, I've been trying to find a good forum that I can access through my phone for ages now Smile. My name is Julie and my partner is Craig, we got our 1st 2 rabbits Red and Het last year and at the time knew nothing about bunnies. We actually thought that they have to eat loads of veg and poor wee Red suffered an upset stomach for a month. We now know what were doing and love nothing more than spending time with our bunnies. We got Shadow 6 months later and baby Clover last week. Were hoping to move soon and get a garden for them to play in, the older 3 have travelled up north with us and were outside every day for a week, it was great and they didn't want to go indoors again! Very Happy I tend to talk a lot so sorry in advance lol xx
And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-09-20

https://www.facebook.com\JulieGillies85

Back to top Go down

Hello from Glasgow Empty Re: Hello from Glasgow

Post by dizzylynn Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Welcome and I can be the same, talk to much. I was the same, I had a bunnie years ago and because of my rubbish knowledge her poor health suffered.
Her hutch was rubbish not warm and not big enough, so with charlie I have done everything possible to make his home warm and comfortable aslo big enough for him to leap and stretch his legs when he cant get out. He has a childs play hut converted into a house for him and he LOVES it. His nature is much different to our girl, could would be affraid to put your fingers near her face, with him he kisses your nose and snuggles into your face as well as allowing your fingers near his face. Enjoy it here everyone is nice and friendly, and always put teh bunnies first.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by And Clover makes 4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 pm

The play hut sounds like amazing fun! I am so angry at the pet shop we got them in, they happily let us take 2 rabbits home to a small cage and didn't phone to check up afyer a week, which is apparent meant to happen. Luckily we realised the cage was not good enough and we now have the small one plus a massive one, we have a closed off veranda which is warm and safe so the older 3 have that as a playroom and sleep in there too, until the baby is bonded she is in large cage in living room. I wouldn't leave her in the same room as them at night, before Red and Shadow were bonded Red managed to open the latch on the cage and try to get at Shadow and has even hopped on top of cage and peed on poor Shadow and her food! My living room, kitchen and hall cupboard are tool over with bunny things lol, really need a larger house!
And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Pet shops dont really care about the bunny, even dobbies didnt call me back, but tbh she wasnt really going to show me the bunny at 1st till I started to talk to her about bunnies, possible getting a feel for me, then she let me see him, I held him and she watched how I held him how I spoke to him and how he responded then was happy she seemed to know I knew what I was doing.

Theres a video on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vvlb-prX4I&feature=share
I shared it on my facebook wall and even my friend had no idea about the back problems.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by And Clover makes 4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:04 pm

My boyfriend gets groomed by Het and baby has licked and nibbled on my fingers loads. Its a shame when bunnies are withdrawn, we used to have a close friend watch our 3 when we went to visit family but Red is terrified of her and Shadow is scared of the kitchen and is very aggressive if she's in there and if we go in she attacks. We no longer speak to that friend and the Shadows less aggressive. I'm not saying she hurt her but I have my suspicions and we are wary of going away now and leaving them. I have had family tell me to get rid of Shadow because of her aggression which makes me so angry!
And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 pm

How old is the aggressive one, and do you have children, if you dont have children then dont give up on him, loads folks on here can give you advice on how to break that.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Wave

Hello & Welcome Very Happy
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi and welcome to HH, glad you all found us, and looking forward to seeing thebuns Wave
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi & Welcome to the forum Wave

Can't wait to hear more about your bunnies and we will need pictures Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi there Wave and welcome to HH

Looking forward to hearing lots about you and your buns.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Wave Welcome to HH!

Looking forward to hearing more about your furbabies! And seeing some pics of course Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi there,

A massive welcome to you all to Happy Hoppers.

Your buns sound really lovely.

Cant wait to hear more about them.

Quite often when buns are agressive their is a reason for it - you are doing the right thing just being patient and piling on the love. Love

Welcome again x x x

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by And Clover makes 4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:56 pm

We would never get rid of any of them, a bunny is for life and Shadow is only one so is still young enough to help. I have a nephew who's 2 who stays several times a month and doted on them, he helps us feed them and shares his treats with them. Shadow is suprisingly good with him and he can stroke her and she will play with him. They're all great with him and have never once nipped him or grunted at him. Thanks for the messages, its great to meet you all and I also can't wait to hear all about your bunnies! I am on a phone so will post pictures when I visit my sister Smile
And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Hello and welcome. Wave
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Hey Wave nice to have you here!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Hello there, a warm welcome to our family.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:44 pm

I wish I was able to find this place when I had bugsy, she was so aggressive she attacked anyone that went near her, she had to go to a rabbit rescue centre. I feel bad that I didn tknow enough to let that happen. But this time charlie is getting 200% from us all his house is already 300% better than the silly small hutch we had years ago.
I am sure you will give them plenty love and have any issues sorted with a bit of patiants and time.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by And Clover makes 4 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:06 pm

I think it might just be her nature but I'm not sure. She was soo confident and friendly when we first got her, she settled very quick and bonded with Het straight away. She took a few months to bond with Red but Red would chase her and was a bit mean to her on occasions. She doesn't follow us like she used to (hence the name) and attacks us even if were just minding our own business and walking past her. We are both over 6ft tall so we try to make ourselves smaller when talking to her and kneel or sit so she isn't as intimidated. I don't think she's scared of kids as she plays with my nephew but I do make sure she's only out for a while when he's in so she doesn't get too annoyed etc
And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:23 pm

My bugsy did that too, she charged my hubby and the kids but they ran away and didnt challange her, I did so she stopped charging me, but felt she wasnt getting enough from us (this was about 6 - 7 years ago) I had fallen and got a bad knee infection which took months to heal properly so I couldnt get into her and she wouldnt let anyone else in, so we had to give her up, part of it tho was due to not having a decent size hutch even tho she got the run of the garden a few days a week, she didnt get human contact enough, and with me not able to bend down to the tiny low hutch just made it worse for her. She went to a rabbit rescue in falkirk. Charlie is much different tho and I know what I am doing now, hubby is more confident as well than with bugsy if he had challanged her she probs would have stopped big woos. He done same with mia my snake, she went to tag him because was nervous of her, so told him dont be nervous, dont give her a fright but just put your hand in front of her, and pick her up dont show your nervous she wont trust you, ive never been nervous of her.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:10 pm

hello and welcome!!! Wave

Can't wait to see and hear more about your bunnies!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by And Clover makes 4 Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:55 pm

I tried to reply a few days ago but my phone deleted my msg!!
We try to give each bunny 'alone time' with us both and Craig lies on floor with them, I usually sit on a stool and pet them or have them on my knee. We werent as confident with Red and Het but they settled in great and were soo content, now they get held several times a day which they dont mind any more. We have never been scared of the bunnies but i have noticed Craig is stricter with Shadow and will put her in the cage for a time out whereas he doesnt do it with Het.. So ive told him to stop disciplining Shadow and she may calm down

And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Wave Hello and welcome to Happy Hoppers. x
Josephine