Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vets tomorrow - Do I just take Dolly, or all 3?

+3
KatieB
Josie
marleyNfriends
7 posters

Go down

Vets tomorrow - Do I just take Dolly, or all 3? Empty Vets tomorrow - Do I just take Dolly, or all 3?

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Im going on my placement tomorrow and Dolly is due her myxi. Jane said i could take them in for the day and she would vaccinate Dolly for me. Now usually if one bun goes somewhere they all go, but they will spend the whole day either in the cattery in a 2x2 cage or in their carrier. Im worried about them fighting in such a small space.

What would you do? I can take Dolly on her own for the day and risk problems when i get home, or I can take all 3 of them and risk them fighting at the vets.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Vets tomorrow - Do I just take Dolly, or all 3? Empty Re: Vets tomorrow - Do I just take Dolly, or all 3?

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Anyonee?? I dont know what to do for the best...
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Vets tomorrow - Do I just take Dolly, or all 3? Empty Re: Vets tomorrow - Do I just take Dolly, or all 3?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:39 pm

I would take all 3 - it's early days to be able to confidently take one away and not affect the group bond.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:51 pm

I sometimes just take one of mine if i cant catch them both, then again its straight in, out and back home Embarassed
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:52 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I would take all 3 - it's early days to be able to confidently take one away and not affect the group bond.

Thats what i thought, but there will certainly be at least 1 scuffle if i leave them all in a 2x2 cage or their carrier. scratch
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 pm

oooo I wish i could help hun, but I have no idea sorry.

I would think though that them being in a strange place plus the journey there would make them stick closer together though for comfort.

Good luck hun x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:56 pm

I agree with what Katie says, i think having them altogether there may bring them closer together.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:45 am

Gahhhh!! I still dont know what to do. I was just going to take Dolly, as theres no way i can seperate them if they do fight - which they do if they are left in a carrier together for too long.

If one had to be admitted because they were ill, then only one bun would go, if the bond failed i would have to reduce space again.

I hate making decisions.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:51 am

i agree, take all three Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 am

As they are little nethies I would take all three, we always take a bonded pair to the vet's together as they are a great comfort to one another and look after each other it's not as stressful for them.
If we have one of a bonded pair admitted at the Vet's they take both .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:35 pm

You could just take Dolly but put the other two in a playpen or somewhere different to their normal residence . When you bring Dolly back, put them back in their home and as the other two haven't been their all day they may be ok?
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down