Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Memory of Maggies Kits

+6
Sparky
icedancer
KatieB
Amelia66
FarplaceRescue
marleyNfriends
10 posters

Go down

In Memory of Maggies Kits Empty In Memory of Maggies Kits

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:42 pm

I know what we did during her surgery was the right thing to do, but this morning i found a nest in the run shelter and burst into tears. I never check the shelter because i had no idea she was pregnant and she doesnt wee or poo in there, so i only open it and clean it once a week. If i had been more observant, and did a sweep out of the run like i should have done, id have found the nest, and she wouldnt have had the surgery, so it is my fault that she lost the kits. If i had known, how could i possibly have put her through it? I just couldnt have done it. Sad

I wish i hadnt watched the surgery, i didnt think i was as emotionally attached to her as i am. If i hadnt of seen those babies, i might not feel like i do now. This weekend is killing me, it was ok yesterday because i was busy, but being sat at my desk at work, i just cant stop thinking about it. Crying or Very sad

Heres a little video i made.

marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

In Memory of Maggies Kits Empty Re: In Memory of Maggies Kits

Post by FarplaceRescue Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 pm

That is beautiful! Please don't blame yourself. Some things are meant to be. (((((hugs)))))
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Hugs you shouldn't blame yourself you saved her more stress than she has already had, and maybe its a good thing you didn't find the nest because you then would have been stuck with a horrible decision. Let her nurse kits and then send babies into rescues and add more stress to Maggie, or choose to abort them. This way it was out of your hands, and like farplace said some things are meant to be.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Oh honey, please dont blame yourself, you did the right thing for her.

You have saved this little girl and are giving her the chance to have a wonderful life.

I am sending you love as I can imagine how sad you must be feeling x x x x x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Hugs Hugs as the others have said don't blame yourself. You've given Maggie a fantastic new start in life, just think of that instead of the negative.

You've been amazing to Maggie, seriously don't beat yourself up about it

Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:26 pm

The video was beautiful too.

Maggie also didn't look pregnant, so there really was no way you would have know.

so sending you a few more Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks again everyone. I was just saying in the Rabbit and guinea pig welfare facebook group:

"Thanks for the support everyone. Ill get over it, ill be fine when Monday comes, my weekend job is very tedius and my mind wanders, so i got a bit upset at work thinking about things, esp when someone asked how the buns were and then made a joke about putting the babies in a stew. Theo , the babies were in her uterus when we spayed her. Lini I was stupid enough to ask the vet how old they were, i was fine with it all until this morning. Im usually pretty hardened to things like that too, ive seen much worse on the table at the vets. Lesson learned though. As for the kits and the weather, yes, your all right, but i would have hoped to find them and warm them up before its too late. Anyway, its silly even thinking about it, isnt it? Its happened now and regardless of how i feel, shes better off without them and i would do the same again if i had to. I just wouldnt ever watch!!!"

I think ive cried my tears for now, but i think Mum is going to have to clean her nest out for me. Thats what got me going in the first place! No
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 am

Oh Sophia Hugs Hugs Hugs

How much worse off would she be if you had not got involved in her welfare at all? She would have been giving birth to those kits on a rubbish tip... if she had survived long enough to have them.

You did absolutely the right thing; sometimes it's a lot tougher making a decision on behalf of someone else when you would make the same decision for yourself in a heartbeat and *know* it was right.

Maggie's kits - there are plenty of wonderful buns at the bridge to look after you. You will never know neglect or abuse, pain or terror. Binky free Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 am

Oh that video is beautiful Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

As very sad as it was you have to look at it this way what if Maggie had problems giving birth there could have been a chance you would have lost them all.

It's just unfortunate that you saw the Op and kits as this must have been so hard for you I don't think I could have coped with that.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Hugs It's such an horribly tough situation, but you probably did the right thing by Maggie x

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh I am so so sorry hon, I think its a huge shock because you werent prepared. It must have been so distressing seeing her little nest, but in reality she is better off, she can recover faster and just enjoy being a regular bun how they are meant to be.

You have saved her, you havent done this to her.

xxx
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Oh sweetheart, please don;t worry, you are a great mum to her and I am sure she knows it. Hugs and comforts on their way.

Lots of love

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down