Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm winning the litter tray battle!! UD So proud of them

+7
Jay
NickieM
NSD
Tuckerbunnies
lizzi_b
Dotdot
icedancer
11 posters

Go down

I'm winning the litter tray battle!! UD So proud of them Empty I'm winning the litter tray battle!! UD So proud of them

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:41 pm

We've made great progress today cheers Hardly any stray poos, wees have all been inside, and both have been using a separate litter tray. I wasn't actually going to let them into the pen today, but hubby claimed that "Florence can't be punished, she hasn't done anything wrong" and let them out before I got up No No Apparently Dougal was very lively when he first came out.

I think one more night in might do it cheers cheers

But, to those who have more than one bunny kept together, can you tell whos poos are whos Embarassed Embarassed Only I can (Dougals are bigger), so it got me wondering if this is a general occurance or if I'm just odd to pay attention Embarassed Embarassed

Last edited by icedancer on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

I'm winning the litter tray battle!! UD So proud of them Empty Re: I'm winning the litter tray battle!! UD So proud of them

Post by Dotdot Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Eek I do hope you finally win! I always find stray ones but they're just outside the toilet from where they kick them about.

I can't tell for the life of me whos poos are whos!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

I'm winning the litter tray battle!! UD So proud of them Empty Re: I'm winning the litter tray battle!! UD So proud of them

Post by lizzi_b Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:07 pm

cheers great news!!

Its no wonder you can tell who's is whos, he is about twice the size of her, so I would have expected his poos to be bigger!! Then again I've never had two buns so maybe that's just a naive thought!! Smile
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 pm

cheers I said give Dougal time he knows he's going nowhere now he's there for keeps Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:55 pm

lizzi_b wrote: cheers great news!!

Its no wonder you can tell who's is whos, he is about twice the size of her, so I would have expected his poos to be bigger!! Then again I've never had two buns so maybe that's just a naive thought!! Smile

They were weighed the day they left the rescue, I'm so going to weigh him in a day or two to see how much he's lost with this massive moult Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies wrote: cheers I said give Dougal time he knows he's going nowhere now he's there for keeps Very Happy

He's being adorable tonight. If I stroke Florence he comes over and nudges me for one Love He also just went through the tunnel for the first time, my laptop is near one end of it, and he came through it to see me Love He got a special stroke for that.

He's had lots of "good boy Dougal" comments today. I've even forgiven him for eating the rug (which he still denies Laughing)
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Maybe Florence planted the thread on his nose Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Well done re litter training!

I tell the difference between my bunnies' poos from their size too. Bruce is 4.5kg and Josephine is 1.3kg so I think I am pretty safe in the assumption that Bruce's are bigger than hers.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:13 pm

They also taste different ..................... Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:44 am

I am so proud Love

I decided to leave them out last night, they'd been so good during the day it seemed a shame to lock them up. I checked on them a few times in the night, and each time Dougal came running over for a stroke Love

There was no mess on the rug whatsoever, and this morning they both greeted me really happily, it was lovely. Dougal is turning into a complete softie, I've only got to go over towards them and he moves for a tickle and a stroke Love

I'm a very happy mummy, well apart from Florence shaking the playpen to try and open it No
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:49 am

Florence just leaped into the house, crashed into Dougal who sent the food bowl flying No Dougal came out and looked at me as if to say "it wasn't my fault mum" ROFL

She's now doing bunny 500s around the pen!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:07 am

NickieM wrote:They also taste different ..................... Laughing

ROFL they do too Shocked

Glad they're finally getting the hang of it Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:44 am

Thats fab news Very Happy And i cant tell the difference between my buns poos because theyre all the same size. But theyre all little buns. I could certainly tell the difference between Maggies poos and the Trios, theyre much bigger.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:11 pm

So glad to hear you are winning cheers

Do you know much of Dougal's background?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Not really. He was taken to the resuce, allegedly as a stray. But he arrived with a female rabbit (who oddly was a little black lop), so the rescue were slightly dubious as they thought the chances of someone finding two stray rabbits at the same place wasn't that high. However, the girl wasn't pregnant, but he was old enough to be neutered. So they don't know if the real owner thought they had two of the same sex and didn't want to/couldn't afford to neuter them, or if he was a stray and found the scent of the girl or what. It's a bit sad really because he is a lovely soppy rabbit, so at some point he must handled and stroked because he loves it. I try not to think that he escaped from somewhere and someone is missing him.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 pm

I wouldn't feel bad about that. I'm sure the rescue did everything they could to find the previous owners, so it's not your fault.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Glad you are winning!

I however am not.

After a brilliant start with them both getting all their doins' in their tray - somebun has now decided to pee and poo all over the shed floor. No
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm

It's getting better!!!

I just cleaned out said litter trays and have made a right mess so need to hoover. However the lovely two won't both go in the house at the same time No

I'm trying to pick them up saying "Dougal house" "Florence house" but they aren't gettting the idea. I managed to shut Florence in, and then she jumped out when I opened the door to let Dougal in.

I could be here a while!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:14 am

It sounds like you are going to have one happy warren indeed! I'm glad Dougal is getting some spunk.

Before the rabbits we had were Holland Mini lops 4-6 lbs. small poops.

Thumper 12-13 lbs- HUGE poops and lots of um too!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down