Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angora bunny another rescue bunny.... Pics of Tangle + P&L

+6
KatieB
Velvet.Tears
Amelia66
Tuckerbunnies
icedancer
troop
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Angora bunny another rescue bunny.... Pics of Tangle + P&L - Page 2 Empty Re: Angora bunny another rescue bunny.... Pics of Tangle + P&L

Post by troop Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Laughing i shouldnt laugh but yeah sounds familiar. My bro was scared of her eventually Rolling Eyes

troop
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Angora bunny another rescue bunny.... Pics of Tangle + P&L - Page 2 Empty Re: Angora bunny another rescue bunny.... Pics of Tangle + P&L

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:16 pm

I am not sure how restricted angoras lives are due to fur - they can still move around but of course their sight is restricted. I would be more worried about overheating in the hot months. And also as they have the dreaded stunted nose- teeth problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Poor little things, bred to be uncomfortable it is a disgrace.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by troop Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:26 pm

I am hoping this little guy has no teeth issues as its so awful when they do.

troop
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 pm

gentl wrote:Puffer fish is a good description! ROFL
Angoras are lovely bunnies when well cared for but.....

The following is just my opinion so please understand I feel you have
a right to yours as well Smile This has bothered me for some time.

I wonder sometimes if all the breeding to get the exotic breeds that need such intensive care is right. A neglected bunny is always tragic, but to be in such a state that the poor creature cannot turn it's head or even stand just because of a trait that was bred into it! Even a well groomed one would be limited as to running and playing in clean areas. Forget a romp in the garden or a roll in the leaves.

Other animals are often bred to extremes as well, but these beautiful fluffy bunnies are much more delicate and dear. Love But since good quality Angora fiber can cost around $ 10 - 16 per ounce (35 to 50 cents/gram) the race for even fluffier Angoras is on. Crying or Very sad

You might find a market for that mat Mike. Wink

We have had this debate many times hun, and the topic of breeding rabbits for looks was covered in the last edition of hopping mad.

With my daisy being a dental Nethie, the downfalls of breeding an animal for its looks are raw with me and I have to say that I dont think that it is ever a necessary practice.

We have had this discussion many times
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Tangle, what a great name! He looks like an angora lionhead doesn't he - really glad he has been a lucky chao and now has the care he needs Smile As for Dutch bunnies - my two would certainly support the theory that the breed may be pre-disposed to being feisty! Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Aww hello Tangle (gorgeous name)
You are in a brilliant place now and will get lots of looking after.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Yes I agree Felix and Willow. My first husband had a Dutch was he was a boy and even the dog wouldn't go anywhere near him.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:56 pm

jolovesbunnies wrote:Yes I agree Felix and Willow. My first husband had a Dutch was he was a boy and even the dog wouldn't go anywhere near him.

Hugs

JO xx

ROFL ROFL

I had a dutch cross and he was a stubborn so and so. He used to put all his weight on the floor so you couldn't pick him up to go back in his hutch after playtime. He was a wire chewer too.

But the nethie I had was as shy as anything.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:58 pm

They all have their little ways don't they love, just some of them are not too endearing LOL?!!

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2