Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cut the beasts claws yesterday....

+7
Dotdot
jolovesbunnies
Tuckerbunnies
icedancer
Happy Hoppers
Thumper2001
SarahJane
11 posters

Go down

I cut the beasts claws yesterday.... Empty I cut the beasts claws yesterday....

Post by SarahJane Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:05 pm

I had been putting it off, and putting it off. But I got my niece ashley to help me, and we were both genuinely scared of the beast that is Jelly. As we picked her up and started trimming them she was making the funniest noises, they were like angry grunts but really long and she actually sounded like she was hissing at me.

She also kicked me in the face, and scratched me all over. I love that rabbit, and she has the best personality BUT if you do something that she doesn't like .............................

run for your life!

She then payed me back by ripping open the bin bag and tipping over the litter tray.AND then she sat on it. and as i tried to get it or move her she boxed me. In the end I pushed her off it with the dustpan Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed (gently of course!)

Mum has fed them this morning so I havent been out there yet, but I swear I heard hissing from inside the shed earlier! ROFL

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

I cut the beasts claws yesterday.... Empty Re: I cut the beasts claws yesterday....

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Oh dear!!! Laughing

Hopefully she has forgiven you now.

I swear, Thumper used to flare her nostrils at me in irritation Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

I cut the beasts claws yesterday.... Empty Re: I cut the beasts claws yesterday....

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I did all mine's on Monday and my experience was positively blissful compared to yours. I just got thumped at afterwards. Laughing

I do miss Marley though, he was the icon of co-operative rabbit when it came to claw clipping. He used to sit on top of the hutch and let me do it one paw at a time.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Pebbles is like an angel - but she never needs hers done because she is so active and her claws are so thin so they wear down easily.

I havent done Domino yet - he chews my clothes when I do him!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Last time Florence had hers done I took her to the local pet shop, they do it for £3. She was as good as gold, let one lady hold her and another lady done it. It took minutes. You can guarantee if I'd tried to do it myself she would have been a little moo Laughing

Hope she's forgiven you now SJ!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Mike trim's all our buns nails and I know he has to be very careful when cutting Helen's nails as while he is looking at the nail to cut it Helen is trying to bite him all the time Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:09 pm

We are quite lucky with Snuffie, he just lets us do it. It is the guinea pigs that are the problem

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:25 pm

jolovesbunnies wrote:We are quite lucky with Snuffie, he just lets us do it. It is the guinea pigs that are the problem

Hugs

JO xx

Oh god yes! I hated doing the guinea pigs claws pale pale
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Well you are brave! I wimped out and took Tigger to the vets to have hers done haha
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Beware its a dragonbun Laughing
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:19 pm

We have to take Myrtle upstairs onto the bed to have her claws clipped as she will wriggle away when we are in her domain (anywhere else in the house!)

but recently she has started to jump off the bed and sprint down the stairs to hide!
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:21 pm

paullp wrote:We have to take Myrtle upstairs onto the bed to have her claws clipped as she will wriggle away when we are in her domain (anywhere else in the house!)

but recently she has started to jump off the bed and sprint down the stairs to hide!

Ha ha ha why do they have to make it so difficult???

Its the sulking for daaayyyysssss (sometimes accompanied by a hunger strike) that I find the hardest. Daisy behaves like I have been trying to saw his leg off and I end up feeling terrible about if for days!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Isn't the sulking the worst!
I was the bad person and held her while the vet clipped so obviously I've been given the cold shoulder while daddy has been getting lots and lots of kisses. Hmph!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:38 am

Ha ha poor you, I dont like that job neither, all mine are out side but If I have one that comes in with long nails I do it there and then as they are subdued with being in a new environment, then loads of strokes there after xx
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Isn't it amazing how they know what you are going to do and run off?

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down