Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What breed of bun do you find easiest to litter train?

5 posters

Go down

What breed of bun do you find easiest to litter train? Empty What breed of bun do you find easiest to litter train?

Post by 4390evans Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:43 am

We had our gizmo in for a while before he was re-homed and although it took a while he was trained within about 2 months but since he has went to a new home he has started to pee all over but poo in the box???

We brought Roman in who just wouldnt entertain it at all, although he does it in his tray in his hutch and indoors he spends most of his time in the litter tray flat out, he will jump out have a pee or poo then get back in????

So I find the french lop kind is easier so far, how bout you?
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

What breed of bun do you find easiest to litter train? Empty Re: What breed of bun do you find easiest to litter train?

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 pm

My dutch girl was easy to litter train she pretty much picked it up straight away and then Holly just followed her lead
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

What breed of bun do you find easiest to litter train? Empty Re: What breed of bun do you find easiest to litter train?

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:04 am

I think it depends on the bun, and what mood they are in Laughing I have found the same bun can be litter trained, then become the most untrained bun, then switch back again Rolling Eyes Hazel, a rex, took ages to learn not to pee in the bed, but my othger two rex girls never peed in the bed and used the litter box. Then one day they decided they were going to pee in the litter box and their bed Hmmm

I really do think it depends on the rabbit's personality.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm

I can honestly say we have never had a problem litter training any of them, they are all good and use them apart from the odd accident when they have their scut hanging off the litter tray, we only get problems when they are older buns and can become incontinent , and of course Helen and Baby Saint have never used their litter tray for the purpose it was intended for as they have always been incontinent.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:38 pm

I have only had cross breeds love and I must say, they have all been pretty good.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down