Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting A Lazy Bunny To Do Exercise

+7
Felix&Willow
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
Sparky
Thumper2001
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
11 posters

Go down

Getting A Lazy Bunny To Do Exercise Empty Getting A Lazy Bunny To Do Exercise

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Dougal is officially lazy! He does binkies and a few bunny 500s first thing in the morning when I get up, in pure excitement for getting his pellets, but other than that he's lazy. If you let him out he just lays down and his day involves hoping to litter tray/bottle/food and laying down the rest of the time!

He has toys, but he doesn't like jumping either.

Is there anything I can do to make him get exercise as he's getting a double chin!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Getting A Lazy Bunny To Do Exercise Empty Re: Getting A Lazy Bunny To Do Exercise

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm wondering if Dougal and Joey are related - he's just the same! Not exactly Mr. Energetic Laughing Do you have any stairs? Thats a good one, if you can get him running up and down them (not that Joey has yet, he's scared of them the big girls blouse Laughing )

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Getting A Lazy Bunny To Do Exercise Empty Re: Getting A Lazy Bunny To Do Exercise

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm sorry to say this but I think if you've got a lazy bun, you've got a lazy bun Smile

But on the plus side, at least you know he's comfortable in his surroundings Smile

Edited to add: I used to try and get Thumper to move around more but she'd just flare her nostrils at me in irritation Love Laughing She would have her run and bounce around when she fancied it.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:I'm wondering if Dougal and Joey are related - he's just the same! Not exactly Mr. Energetic Laughing Do you have any stairs? Thats a good one, if you can get him running up and down them (not that Joey has yet, he's scared of them the big girls blouse Laughing )

I have, but, its a spiral staircase with an open back! I've always shooed Florence away from it because I could just see her getting half way up and thinking it would be a good idea to jump through the back No No

Florence was jumping up and down off the sofa tonight, and he looked as if he was going to do it, but decided it was way too much effort Laughing

He has done his daily weightlifting workout, picking up the foodbowl with dry herbs and tipping them on the floor Shocked I'm so glad I didn't bother to hoover tonight!

Maybe Joey is Dougals son! He's a wuss too Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Have you tried tying a carrot to a stick and attaching it to his head...? Laughing

My Humum reckons I move around in the night a lot more than you might think - do they have access to their pen at night?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Sparky wrote:Have you tried tying a carrot to a stick and attaching it to his head...? Laughing

My Humum reckons I move around in the night a lot more than you might think - do they have access to their pen at night?

Like Father Jack and the bottle of whiskey for automatic wheelchair!!!

Yes they are in the play pen all night now they are litter trained again. Whenever either of us come down in the night he is laying in the dog bed!!! Or staring at the stairs if it's approaching breakfast time No I'm convinced his mind goes "food, drink, wee, eat cecals, get groom from Florence, sleep, food, drink..."

I swear if he was human he'd be on the sofa all day eating crisps and pizza watching Sky Sports!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:55 pm

I think Dougal is just happy and contented, he may have had a good few sleepless night's in his past and now he's making up for loss time Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm

he's probably running the marathon to the fridge while you're asleep Laughing
they are obviously well at home.. Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 am

Yeh ut sounds to me like he is just happy and enjoys a relaxed way of lif rim his new home Smile Rory is the same, he could never jump on the sofa for example, where asy other two can scale the foot high run no bother Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:28 am

3ft high run - iPhone, yet again, grrr
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Sometimes I think it is about changes of scenery. On wet days when I keep the buns in Flo can be really still and will sleep the day away. But let her out into the garden and she never stays still. Bruce is the same wherever he is - he potters around a bit then has a lie down, the repeats the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 pm

[b]I will see if Jazz Fizz and Daisy will do them a Bunn exersize vidio err maby not the thought of Daisy in lycra has just made me go off that idea Sparkys idea was probably the best then Very Happy
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Ruffin wrote:[b]I will see if Jazz Fizz and Daisy will do them a Bunn exersize vidio err maby not the thought of Daisy in lycra has just made me go off that idea Sparkys idea was probably the best then Very Happy

ROFL ROFL I bet Daisy looks good in lycra!

There is a guy at my gym who wears a thong lycra leotard and lycra leggings with leg warmers at my gym Shocked In different combinations of purple, blue and pink Shocked Shocked
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Bruce is lazy as **** as well. I've tried hiding his food, even chasing him a bit around the garden, nothing works. I just have to accept he's lazy and feed him accordingly!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I think Dougal is just happy and contented, he may have had a good few sleepless night's in his past and now he's making up for loss time Smile

That's what I think it is with our Thumper. He's
learned the sound of a knife slicing a bit of the apple
now. He will run and sit at the edge of the tile
waiting. That is the sum total of his exercise
for the day. And the figure-eights and circles
when Hubby gets up in the morning. Of course
that is carrot time.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 pm

I have the same problem with Nibbler, he literally just sits around all day and only ever gets excited by his pellets. The only form of exercise I seem to get him going with is that occassionally he does run up to me and I take a step away and if he follows I start moving faster and he does end up chasing me round for a little while, but I have to say I have no idea if what I'm doing is offensive to him or not. I assume because he has come back for more it's just a game! Though it could be him thinking I'm going to feed him as well as it usually starts with circles..

The only other thing that I can make Nibbler do is chase me round just before I put him bed for a little bit cuz he gets all exited about pellets. I have one of those roll balls too and I put his pellets and some veg in that sometimes so it makes him to work for his food. Tried to make him forage before as I've read that can help be a bit of exercise if he's having to find his food, but I don't think he has any foraging skills as he can walk straight past where I've hid it (very obviously on show) and not notice it..
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down