Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily's lost weight

Go down

Emily's lost weight Empty Emily's lost weight

Post by TheGaffer Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:11 pm

We've just noticed today that Emily seems to have lost a fair bit of weight. She's 5 years old, spayed and fully vaccinated.

She hates being picked up so generally we don't, so thats perhaps why we'd not noticed before. Plus she's having a huge moult right now which has covered up the weight loss. Hmmm

She lives with Billy and they are fed exactly the same, mainly hay, plus a bit of veg and a few pellets. Neither of them have had pellets though for almost a week due to running out and not being able to get any until today.

I've settled them into the shed today, Emily is definately eating and pooing because I've seen her do it.

Why would Emily loose weight but not Billy?? My initial thought is EC?? scratch

I'm going to get her in at the vet sometime this week, but can anyone offer any suggestions??

Thanks

TheGaffer
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Emily's lost weight Empty Re: Emily's lost weight

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Have you noticed that she is drinking more than normal ? If so that could indicate a Renal problem

Does she have a history of 'Snuffles' ? Sometimes an early warning sign of an active case is rapid weightloss.

Dental problems are another possibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGaffer Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Jack's-Jane wrote:Have you noticed that she is drinking more than normal ? If so that could indicate a Renal problem

Does she have a history of 'Snuffles' ? Sometimes an early warning sign of an active case is rapid weightloss.

Dental problems are another possibility.

The water bottle isn't going down any quicker.

She's never had snuffles and is a good hay eater but that obviously doesn't rule out dental problems. Her teeth were checked when she was under GA for her spay and they were fine then, but that was 18 months ago.

TheGaffer
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:40 am

Hmmmmm, well maybe weighing her now and then a couple more times over the next week. 2 'losses' could indicate a potential problem. Panacuring the Buns wont do any harm.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGaffer Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:13 am

We'll get her weighed later and see what she is now. Last year she was about 2.4kg which is her ideal weight.

I think I've got a tube of Panacur somewhere too.

TheGaffer
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down