Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's Grace!!!!!

+2
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
6 posters

Go down

Where's Grace!!!!! Empty Where's Grace!!!!!

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 am

Our old girl Grace is free range all day and we usually put her in her indoor hutch about midnight, tonight Mike and I have looked all around the bungalow for her as we couldn't find her anywhere, she has arthritis in her front legs and hasn't ventured far out of the dining room where she sit's on her self heating mat that I bought her with her paws on her heat pad but since she has been on Anthri Aid she seems to be more mobile and has been going in the back room where Mike relaxes and watches televison and where Grace herself used to always be sat with Mike (I'm usually on my computer in the middle room which I use as an office).
Tonight she was nowhere and I started to panic as although I knew she couldn't get far I wondered where she was and then we found her.

Where's Grace!!!!! Grace002

Where's Grace!!!!! Grace003

We bought this hideout many years ago for one of our buns called Bodkin and it was bought for about £30, it has always been in a corner of the room in two of the houses we have lived in and Grace has often gone in it for a nap but she hasn't been in it for years and so the last place we would have thought of looking was in there tonight, but there she was Shocked

She has a really weepy eye at the moment which we are bathing everyday I know it's not her teeth as she has perfect teeth she always has as she is a good hay eater and eats loads of hay. I think it could be her age as we have had old buns before with weepy eyes but I think she may have to go to the Vet's for a check up which is not an easy job with Grace as she is very very nervous outside of her home, she hates going in the garden and just freezes with fear so most of her life she has been free range in our home. There have been times the door has been open on to the garden and she just won't go outside or near the door.
Last year one of our customers who had brought their rabbit to board with us we caught her Son chasing Grace round the bungalow and Grace was in a terrible state and I was in tears after they had gone as I felt we had let Grace down as we are here to protect her and not let this happen, she hid from us for hours after and I knew she was angry at us but we didn't know until we saw Grace running by the door with this little boy chasing her. We told Grace we were sorry we let her down but it would never ever happen again and we bought a lock for one of the doors and we shut the other now when anyone drops off or collects boarding bunnies.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Where's Grace!!!!! Empty Re: Where's Grace!!!!!

Post by gentl Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:06 am

Poor baby! I'm sending some healing vibes for that eye! Hope she gets well soon. She's a pretty black lady with velvety black fur

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:32 am

Get well soon Grace!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Oh bless her, I hope she is on the mend now.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Bless her, she does look cosy and content in there Love (and I love that hideout!).

I hope her weepy eye gets better soon Hugs

And I hope the boarding customer was suitable mortified about their son's behaviour. You'd think that a rabbit owner's son would know better Evil or Very Mad
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Sparky wrote:Bless her, she does look cosy and content in there Love (and I love that hideout!).

I hope her weepy eye gets better soon Hugs

And I hope the boarding customer was suitable mortified about their son's behaviour. You'd think that a rabbit owner's son would know better Evil or Very Mad

The steps to that hideout are not ideal for rabbits and none of our buns have managed to get to the top bit No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:The steps to that hideout are not ideal for rabbits and none of our buns have managed to get to the top bit No
Well of course not, there's a lamp in the way Wink

The steps need backs on, really, I would have thought. I reckon our Rosie would get up there though. Then she would eat it No
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:28 pm

I think Flo would not have a problem with it either. Bum on bottom step then jump straight up.

Despite the weepy eye it is goo to know that she is getting benefit from the arthri aid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:31 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I think Flo would not have a problem with it either. Bum on bottom step then jump straight up.
Molly would just launch herself at it too Laughing

Junior would just chin the bottom step Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down