Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellas 1st vet check up

3 posters

Go down

Bellas 1st vet check up Empty Bellas 1st vet check up

Post by dizzylynn Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Well again I had the vet all sookie he must love rabbits again he didnt charge the consolt fee Smile so thats fab. He weight her only 1kg, shes a wee bit light for her size so hes put her on the punicure coarse, once or twice a year he says is fine but every 3 - 4 months for worms only a 3 day treatment kills them and 9 days for the other thing. I asked him about sun block for her ears since shes an albino, any baby sunblock is fine, just dont put tones on. He cant believe how easy to handle she is, and has no objection about going on her back, he was rocking her like a baby lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Bellas 1st vet check up Empty Re: Bellas 1st vet check up

Post by Sparky Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Panacur? Are you sure he said 3 days? It's normally 9 days for worms and 28 days for EC. I'm not sure it is normally recommended to be given once or twice a year unless there is good reason to, either Hmmm

To be honest, I'm not sure I would be all that happy about a vet trancing a rabbit apart from as absolutely necessary for the examination, not just to rock her like a baby Hmmm
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Thumper used to lie on her back when I was holding her sometimes, without trancing. Quite the opposite actually, she used to gawk around, lick my dressing gown, look in the general direction of noises etc Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down