Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods?

5 posters

Go down

Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods? Empty Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods?

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Just wondering if it is safe to give Dougal a couple pf peas from pea pods? are they safe and is it best to wait until he is 7 months old before trying them, he is almost 6 months now.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods? Empty Re: Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods?

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks Thumbs Up 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods? Empty PeasRGood!

Post by bunnytowers Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:33 am

My bun LOVE them and are having them most nights at the moment with veg allowance! ..I take out the peas and put in the bowl separately because little one is 13 weeks and he eats the peas - Mum eats the pods I also hide some in their 'selection box' of fresh grasses, bramble leaves, Sowthistle leaves, bit of dandelion etc they have in their secure run at night.

bunnytowers
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods? Empty Re: Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods?

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:36 am

Just remember that Peas are high in sugar and are also a source of protein so are quite rich for rabbits. So feed sparingly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:37 pm

We use to feed the buns peas from a pea pod but now they have mange tout which they love.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Can rabbits eat peas from pea pods? Empty check links please

Post by bunnytowers Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:23 pm

Can someone check the links for this post please?
When I clicked on the link from my email at first I got latest reply plus a few links at the bottom which looked like happyhoppers and I clicked on baby rabbits - what I got was horrible, featuring the gastronomic habbits of some other animals - needless to say they did not have information on live baby rabbits or anything pleasant - you can guess the kind of thing.

THANK YOU

bunnytowers
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:30 pm

I am not sure what you mean about the links. I only ever access the posts via the forum pages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:26 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I am not sure what you mean about the links. I only ever access the posts via the forum pages.

I think she means the  'Similar topics' that are usually at the bottom of the thread that you see when you click on the email link before you log in. They are nothing to do with Happy Hoppers forum as far as I know.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:02 am

I agree with Maysie Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:28 pm

I think I will get some peas in pods for my babies but I will take your advice Cheryl love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down