Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Dinky's spay day today **woo hoo - happy dance**

+10
Sparky
Ruffin
fiver
Vince the bunny
KatieB
Dotdot
Thumper2001
FluffSlave
Rachel&Nibbler
Big Ears
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's Dinky's spay day today **woo hoo - happy dance** Empty It's Dinky's spay day today **woo hoo - happy dance**

Post by Big Ears Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 am

When I've downed this coffee I'm off to bundle her in a carrier and take her to the vets Sad She'll make a moany noise at me and stamp her feet Hmmm It's my first rabbit under GA since losing Shadow so I suspect I'll feel sick all day until I get news.

Successful spay vibes would be appreciated - especially as she's 5 I'm worried that the dreaded Ca might have started to set in.

Last edited by Big Ears on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

It's Dinky's spay day today **woo hoo - happy dance** Empty Re: It's Dinky's spay day today **woo hoo - happy dance**

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 am

Sending lots and lots of successful spay vibes your way, hope the little one is ok, but don't worry I'm sure she'll be fine Smile big hugs for you too It's Dinky's spay day today **woo hoo - happy dance** 901982
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

It's Dinky's spay day today **woo hoo - happy dance** Empty Re: It's Dinky's spay day today **woo hoo - happy dance**

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:39 am

Sending lots and lots of spay vibes to Dinky and yourself Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Best wishes for Dinky. Please let us know how she gets on.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Lots of vibes for darling Dinky and calming vibes for you xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Love Thanks for the vibes everybody.

I'm just going out to work now so probably won't be able to update until 6pm ish, but will update this evening.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Thinking of you both cxxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm sure she will be fine Hugs It must be a huge worry for after Shadow, but I'm sure she will be back to her usual self very soon. I hope it all goes well and I will catch up later to see how she is Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:44 pm

i'm sure dinky will be fine lots of hugs and vibes for you both Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:51 pm

[b]Bucket loads of vibes for Dinky from my mad lot
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Lots of vibes, I hope it has gone fine and she's home with you by the time you read this Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Fanksies all Love Love Love

I was a bit Shocked Shocked Shocked when I got my message at 3pm......

She was already spayed after all, so a bit Shocked Sad Hmmm HBWS I really didn't know what to think... I've put her through that for nothing. I had to of course as nobody could confirm that she was spayed already. I just wish it was on the records properly at P@H and not just speculation. Evil or Very Mad On a positive note though they didn't find uterine cancer because there was no uterus!!

Sparky wrote:Lots of vibes, I hope it has gone fine and she's home with you by the time you read this Hugs

She's not home with us because of the 20 mile journey home. FHB prefers bunnies who have been spayed to have a peaceful, undisturbed night at the surgery so they get a good rest before going home... unless they live quite close so the journey isn't a lot of hassle for them. I tend to prefer this also as I'm not very hands on and I know they are being well looked after. Dinky and I aren't bonded yet either so she's not missing home ... and being spoilt rotten with a 5* menu... which I'm sure she's taking full advantage of. I haven't had any feedback on her teeth but no doubt there will be some info when I pick her up.

Oh and she was doing well at 3pm. I ring tomorrow to check that I can go for her, when convenient.

Another Sad is now she needs recovery time. If I'd known she was spayed, now that she is through the quarantine period she could be introduced to Binky this weekend ... ho hum.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Oh, that's a surprise Shocked

Is it not something they can check on an x-ray or ultrasound? I've often wondered how the rescues tell with female strays whether they have been spayed or not....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Sparky wrote:Oh, that's a surprise Shocked

Is it not something they can check on an x-ray or ultrasound? I've often wondered how the rescues tell with female strays whether they have been spayed or not....

Apparently not. I'm really shocked it doesn't show up on x-ray - I could see all sorts on Erin's x-ray, kidneys etc so why not uterus? I shall ask again "why" but I've been told there is no reliable way of checking. I had all this with Erin as previous owner said she was spayed... behaviour etc suggests she is, and now of course the surgical adhesions add up to it.

It's a bit of a Hmmm that there's no real way of checking ... there should be!!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Thinking of Dinky Love and you today! Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Oh, it's a shame she's gone through the GA and surgery for no reason, but you weren't to know and had her best interests at heart! Hugs

It is frustrating that there is no way of checking. I was going to enquire at the vets about some form of scanning or other to at least monitor Willow closely for the uterine cancer since she can't be spayed, but if they can't get a clear picture of the uterus I'm not sure this will be possible? scratch Sad

Anyway, apologies for my thought outloud there! Sending tonnes and tonnes of healing vibes to Dinky Hugs Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Well thats a pain isn't it Rolling Eyes At least she is ok and in safe hands. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:08 pm

aww poor dinky and you Hugs
i would have thought there would be notes but sometimes they come into rescue to them with no info No

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:02 am

Only just seen this as I have been quite busy today and not on the forum much.

Oh Bless her having to go through all that and she was spayed but sadly you can't tell until they actually open them up to do the op, sometimes when they shave them
there may be a slight scar but otherwise I don't think there is any other way of knowing.

She couldn't be in better hands than FHB's

Sending lots of 'quick healing' Vibes for Dinky xxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:57 am

Wasn't there a scar from her previous procedure I'm Curious.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:45 am

gentl wrote:Wasn't there a scar from her previous procedure I'm Curious.

The story goes that the previous owner's contact details were no longer valid as she had to move from her home and gave no forwarding address. Most people have mobile phones these days but I'll have to assume they didn't have a number for her. P@H Support Adoption did however have details of the previous vet she was registered with so contacted them - she'd been registered there for 3 years but owned by same person for all 5 of her years. There was nothing on her records to say she was spayed. So, she must have been done over 3 years ago - I'm guessing that's why the scar wasn't visible as it was so long ago and presumably done neatly at the time.

It did occur to me after I was told about contacting the previous vet that they could have given me more information about her dental condition as "has spurs - may need ongoing dental treatment" was all I got but they have 3 years of history they could have looked at Hmmm BUT if I'd have gone digging there they may have offered to fax the history to my vet which is a whole new can of worms because, as far as I'm concerned, she has no medical conditions apart from her teeth (no conditions were declared and I took her on that basis). So, she's insured on that basis and its P@H that she is insured with so I will just take at as it comes with her teeth. Hopefully she had some dental work whilst she was under so the GA wouldn't be completely wasted.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:32 am

Big Ears wrote:
gentl wrote:Wasn't there a scar from her previous procedure I'm Curious.

The story goes that the previous owner's contact details were no longer valid as she had to move from her home and gave no forwarding address. Most people have mobile phones these days but I'll have to assume they didn't have a number for her. P@H Support Adoption did however have details of the previous vet she was registered with so contacted them - she'd been registered there for 3 years but owned by same person for all 5 of her years. There was nothing on her records to say she was spayed. So, she must have been done over 3 years ago - I'm guessing that's why the scar wasn't visible as it was so long ago and presumably done neatly at the time.

It did occur to me after I was told about contacting the previous vet that they could have given me more information about her dental condition as "has spurs - may need ongoing dental treatment" was all I got but they have 3 years of history they could have looked at Hmmm BUT if I'd have gone digging there they may have offered to fax the history to my vet which is a whole new can of worms because, as far as I'm concerned, she has no medical conditions apart from her teeth (no conditions were declared and I took her on that basis). So, she's insured on that basis and its P@H that she is insured with so I will just take at as it comes with her teeth. Hopefully she had some dental work whilst she was under so the GA wouldn't be completely wasted.
i had similar with bluebell she had a little piece of paper which came with her that had a vet number but all they could say was she was registered with them but had no records but would fax through what little info they had but they never did it No luckily p@h had her spayed before i adopted her Smile
but she had spurs and p@h did not even notice not even their vet Suspect

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:07 pm

I just got to speak to Frances about Dinky... I had her really confused as she didn't know she was a new rabbit to me she thought she was spaying Tinky and was surprised she wasn't already spayed Embarassed Embarassed My fault for the name scheme Embarassed Embarassed

Anyhow, Dinky has eaten well and is behaving like nothing has been done but the *whoo hoo bit**:

Her teeth are fine Very Happy Very Happy Not perfect but you'd have to be really picky to condemn her to the title of 'dental bunny'. She has a tiny spur but on a good diet she's unlikely to have any dental trouble at all Shocked Very Happy I'm so happy for her.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 pm

[b]Thats grat news Very Happy
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Brilliant news that Dinky is feeling better and her teeth are good! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next