Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy

+11
fall3n-ang3l
Zo
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
Big Ears
KatieB
Amelia66
JoeyBunsMum
Thumper2001
fiver
Sparky
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy Empty Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy

Post by Sparky Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Soooo... as Daddy mentioned elsewhere, the Hu-parents popped to Tameside Rescue today with some supplies as they are absolutely stacked out with rabbits. 21 of them are part of an RSPCA investigation so they cannot go up for rehoming yet and may be at Tameside for months. Elaine also has another five waiting to come back from the vets, and nowhere to put them. (There are another 54 rabbits from the same place which are in other centres in the North-West too.) So the Hu-parents asked if it would useful if they fostered any buns which could not be rehomed straight away, so the ones Elaine has on display are available to anyone who might visit. Elaine suggested they take some bunnies who were too young to be rehomed. The Hu-parents hesitated for half a nano-second and agreed.

These guys have come to stay for a few weeks:

Mum and three four-week old babies:

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 1001_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 1002_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 1003_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 1005_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 1006_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 1007_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 1008_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 1004_800x600
Humum says Mummy bun is absolutely stunning, and all the time they were in the rescue talking to Elaine she just stared at Humum as if to say 'Don't forget to take us when you go' Love Love Love She seems quite young and is quite skinny, but Humum has no doubt she'll get a bit of weight on her. They're all very bold and adventurous and there have been baby binkies in their little pen already. Humum thinks they might be Nethies or have a lot of Nethie in them. She has also fallen in love with the little black baby Rolling Eyes

These two are five weeks old and lost their Mummy a week ago Crying or Very sad but seem to be doing quite well on their own. The agouti one is quite bold, the patchy white one is quite shy. They are living in the top tier of the 6' hutch and cannot believe their luck at having so much space - they have been binkying around (until Rosie banged on the ceiling and told them to keep the noise down No ) Hudad is in love with the agouti, and Humum accidentally named him Joey when Hudad said he looked like a little marsupial.

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 2001_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 2002_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 2003_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 2004_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 2005_800x600

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 2006_800x600

The Hu-parents know they need to try reeeeaaaaally hard not to be failed fosterers, they cannot really keep 18 buns full-time. But as they are hoping that when these have to go back they might bring another foster family home for a while, they reckon that might take the sting off of the parting.

I don't mind as long as I don't have to share my noms, and even better I might be able to get one to disguise itself as me to go in the spaceship Twisted Evil
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy Empty Re: Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy

Post by fiver Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:51 pm

SQUEEEE Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
they are gorgeous i'm a bit concerned about the size of their poo's and the colours Shocked Laughing
are they in the film buisness Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy Empty Re: Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:04 pm

I think I just melted!!!!!!

Well done you guys, what a difference you will be making to their lives Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Sparky wrote:

These two are five weeks old and lost their Mummy a week ago Crying or Very sad but seem to be doing quite well on their own. The agouti one is quite bold, the patchy white one is quite shy. They are living in the top tier of the 6' hutch and cannot believe their luck at having so much space - they have been binkying around (until Rosie banged on the ceiling and told them to keep the noise down No ) Hudad is in love with the agouti, and Humum accidentally named him Joey when Hudad said he looked like a little marsupial.

Oh no, not two Joey's Laughing Wink

They are all beautiful Love I feel the need to bunknapp them from you....

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 pm

I can see some of these bunnies staying with you guys Wink

Love i am in love with the little white and grey/light brown bun! if you were a girl i would have to bun napp you for marshall Laughing
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Goodness me they are all so beautiful.

Well done to your humum and hudad. Thay are saints!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Love Love Love Love
Oh my goodness. Hu-parents really are going to have their work cut out handing those little treasures back.

Although all those bunnies are very cute my heart did skip quite a bit when I saw the black fox/otter, whatever his/her colouring is. squee Love Love

Do we think the orphan bunnies are wildie crosses? That little agouti bun really does have a very 'natural' look.

I'm managed to foster 6 and hand them all back... I've tried rescuing to rehome and kept them all Embarassed

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:47 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:Oh no, not two Joey's Laughing Wink
She thought of Micro Joe Love as soon as she said it. And that's a point, aren't we due a piccie of him....?

Amelia66 wrote: Love i am in love with the little white and grey/light brown bun! if you were a girl i would have to bun napp you for marshall Laughing
This one from the three?:

Give it a couple of weeks and Humum will have a very undignified (for the bun) look for you Thumbs Up

Big Ears wrote: Love Love Love Love
Oh my goodness. Hu-parents really are going to have their work cut out handing those little treasures back.

Although all those bunnies are very cute my heart did skip quite a bit when I saw the black fox/otter, whatever his/her colouring is. squee Love Love

Do we think the orphan bunnies are wildie crosses? That little agouti bun really does have a very 'natural' look.

I'm managed to foster 6 and hand them all back... I've tried rescuing to rehome and kept them all Embarassed

They are all so brave too - not phased at all by Humum going in and out of their little pen. Although she is normally bringing hay, noms and nice stuff with her Laughing

It's difficult to tell with the orphans as they look so different, you'd never think them siblings and of course we didn't meet their Mummy Crying or Very sad Genetics get a bit complicated but no doubt there is wildie somewhere in their recent ancestory.

It will be tough to give them back, but the way Humum sees it is that they'll still be so cute they'll be snapped up in no time, plus then there will probably be another family to help. They could either squeeze a couple more buns in permanently at a push, and that would be it, or help lots of buns for a little while at a time. Remind her she said that in a few weeks, please, somebody Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Sparky wrote:Remind her she said that in a few weeks, please, somebody Wink
Thumbs Up Will do.
I've told our vet a few times with the 'private rescue' ones that they 'definitely aren't staying' and each subsequent visit I would be asked if they were permanent yet Embarassed Embarassed So when I was fostering Boris for Sue's Rabbit Rescue I really don't think anybody thought I'd be giving him back... but I managed because I didn't have the responsibility of chosing his humans. I'd really like to have a couple of foster hutches on the go but there's nobody near enough to take me up on it.. which is why I gave the 'private fostering' a go, but I'm definitely at capacity for permanents (she says, eyeing up the black otter*probably nethie cross* Suspect )

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:27 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww why did I look, why did I look!!! Love Love Love Love

This is how we started and we became failed fosterers and now look at us with 26 rescue buns, but sadly we can't afford to take in anymore Sad

They are absolutely beautiful and they look like Wildie crosses as they have that gorgeous long shaped face of the wildie and the huge ears that most wildies seem to have
they are just stunning and don't forget if you name them they are yours! Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy Yes-1

Well done you are an amazing couple Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:31 am

The agouti looks like what a baby Thumper Love would have looked like!! Wish that spaceship of your really worked Sparky!
Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
I'm glad you gave a Squeee alert. They are all so very precious!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Sparky wrote:

Can I steal this one? Soooooo cute Love
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Sparky wrote:

Also will be stealing this one, the eyes Love the ears! Love
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:59 pm

I've had to come and have another look at Mum and babies Love Love Love Love Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:13 pm

We haven't seen a lot of Humum today. She claims that she has had to clean out eighteen buns, and hoover up a lot thanks to four of them, plus help Hudad do some work in the garden. That doesn't explain the 'aaaaawwwww' noises that keep floating up through the landing window though Suspect

I doubt if anyone would want to see any video of them all....?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Zo wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Can I steal this one? Soooooo cute Love

Zo wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Also will be stealing this one, the eyes Love the ears! Love

Two wifebuns for Hector - they're a similar age to him Wink

They will be looking for good homes in a few weeks. Humum is planning to have a look at their undercarriages in a fortnight or so No

It would be lovely if Hoppers did adopt any and we could keep up with how they were getting on..... Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Sparky wrote:We haven't seen a lot of Humum today. She claims that she has had to clean out eighteen buns, and hoover up a lot thanks to four of them, plus help Hudad do some work in the garden. That doesn't explain the 'aaaaawwwww' noises that keep floating up through the landing window though Suspect

A VIDEO OF THEM ALL Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 831901 Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 831901 Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 831901 Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 831901

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Definitely a video!! I don't have room for two rabbits before they're all neutered etc Sad otherwise Hector would be having some friends, haha! If only you'd got them last week Sad before I'd reserved him

If the second bun I posted is a boy I'll be in turmoil!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Sparky wrote:We haven't seen a lot of Humum today. She claims that she has had to clean out eighteen buns, and hoover up a lot thanks to four of them, plus help Hudad do some work in the garden. That doesn't explain the 'aaaaawwwww' noises that keep floating up through the landing window though Suspect

A VIDEO OF THEM ALL Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 831901 Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 831901 Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 831901 Unexpected guests (prepare to squee) VERY pic heavy 831901
definately we all want to see a video of every last one Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Amelia66 wrote: Love i am in love with the little white and grey/light brown bun! if you were a girl i would have to bun napp you for marshall Laughing
This one from the three?:

Give it a couple of weeks and Humum will have a very undignified (for the bun) look for you Thumbs Up

Love yep he/she is so cute
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:09 am

Love there soooooooo cute
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:52 am

Love squeee!!!! So cute. I think I would find it very hard to give them all back. A big fat yes to the video too!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Adorable!!! SQUEE

I'm fascinated by the little one that has the nethie markings.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:44 pm

I can't cope. I just can't cope with the overwhelming cuteness. Squee!

VIDEOS PLEASE!!!!!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next