Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabriel - anti humping vibes please.

+8
jolovesbunnies
gentl
NickieM
KatieB
Sparky
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
Sixer
12 posters

Go down

Gabriel - anti humping vibes please. Empty Gabriel - anti humping vibes please.

Post by Sixer Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:52 pm

I am most displeased with Gabriel at the moment. He has morphed into the hump monster from hell. I don't know why - nothing has changed in his and Spring's environment. Maybe she has given over grooming him. Maybe he is grumpy as his time on the grass is non-existant due to the back garden having turned into a bog.

Either way he is making a right nuisance (can never spell this) of himself. He knows that I don't approve - saying no stops him in his tracks. Spring is so good in that she doesn't retaliate but she must be getting fed up that he is following her around or not letting her sit down in peace.

I have instigated the Bach flower remedy potions into their water, but if you can send some anti-humping vibes that may help too.

Why do bunnies have to be so contrary at times No
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Gabriel - anti humping vibes please. Empty Re: Gabriel - anti humping vibes please.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 pm

norty Gabriel No

I really think a lot of this behaviour is down to our unsual weather, I've been watching the wood pigeons this afternoon and they look to me as if they are trying to find mate's for mating and this is the wrong time of year but the males are chasing the females and I commented about it to Mike and Mike pointed out that my roses were in full bloom in the back garden and they are Shocked
I think the animals don't know what is going on as temperatures drop and then the next day rise again, yesterday was dark here all day as we had the light's on, we had rain and gales, today it's very cold but it's been sunny and it's just weird weather.

Well that's my excuse for Gabriel's monster humping anyway Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Gabriel - anti humping vibes please. Empty Re: Gabriel - anti humping vibes please.

Post by fiver Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 pm

no more humping vibes on their way Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Gabriel, you behave yourself! You don't want Spring to get really fed up and go away, do you? You be a gentlebun to her, or else Twisted Evil
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel - you are a naughty wee bestie!

You have a gorgeous wife, be nice to her!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Change her name! Maybe that's what doing it. Having a wifebun called Spring is probably a bad idea! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:45 pm

could you not buy a blow up rabbit for gabriel to wear away at Laughing Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:47 am

fiver wrote:could you not buy a blow up rabbit for gabriel to wear away at Laughing Laughing Laughing

I suspect it might not last long if he sticks his teeth into it!

He is still being a humpy pig this morning - I really don't know what's got into him. I don't ever remember him doing this with Noo.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Naughty bunny! You might take some of the pressure off Spring if you put on a very fluffy sock and let him have a go. Forgive the crudeness of the suggestion, but that is how we found out Angelica was a boy and now is named Rory! It made him happy and he settled down.....a bit....the stuffed unicorn gets his attention too.... Embarassed
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Gabriel you naughty boy, be nice to your lovely wife!!

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:12 pm

gentl wrote:Naughty bunny! You might take some of the pressure off Spring if you put on a very fluffy sock and let him have a go. Forgive the crudeness of the suggestion, but that is how we found out Angelica was a boy and now is named Rory! It made him happy and he settled down.....a bit....the stuffed unicorn gets his attention too.... Embarassed

Stuffed unicorn Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well Gabe is still at it today Mad I am not sure it is a sexual thing but more asserting his dominance. I am not feeling the love for him right now, whenever I look through the wendy house window he is at it Sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:13 pm

I feel your pain! Molly is humping Junior loads just now too No

It's bugging me and its bugging Junior. He keeps lunging at her but she never learns!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs

It must be something in the air Sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Sending "STOP HUMPING!!" vibes to norty Gabriel No

Must be something in the air. Although my little angel Mojo is on his best behaviour with Willow. It seems he never does anything wrong. But surely not... I think he gets up to the worst trouble when that door is shut Suspect
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Oh dear, sending lots of anti-humping vibes Gabriel's way, poor Spring!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 pm

He is still at it. I am really fed up with him. Spring does not seem to be stressed by it but I do keep finding tufts, thankfully only small, of fur. I do think that Spring has stopped grooming him as much and he is just trying to assert himself again. He is a little so-and-so at times.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Gabriel stop humping No Laughing Laughing
sorry but they are funny when norty Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:11 pm

He is such a little monster (thats why we love him so much) are you concerned about their bond at all or do you think they are ok?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Well there is no out-and-out aggression and they eat together quite happily so I don't think that the bond is breaking down - touchwood. I can only hope Gabriel settles back down again and that Spring does not get fed up with him. Maybe I have to smear crushed up fenugreek crunchies over him to get her to groom him Laughing I am sure the lack of grooming is at the bottom of it. She does give him a couple of licks but then gives up.

I don't remember Noo being a great one for grooming him. However when they were bonded Gabriel was quite a fearful bunny. Now that he is so confident and such a strong personality I imagine he needs to feel he is dominant.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:56 am

Sixer wrote:Well there is no out-and-out aggression and they eat together quite happily so I don't think that the bond is breaking down - touchwood. I can only hope Gabriel settles back down again and that Spring does not get fed up with him. Maybe I have to smear crushed up fenugreek crunchies over him to get her to groom him Laughing I am sure the lack of grooming is at the bottom of it. She does give him a couple of licks but then gives up.

I don't remember Noo being a great one for grooming him. However when they were bonded Gabriel was quite a fearful bunny. Now that he is so confident and such a strong personality I imagine he needs to feel he is dominant.
i'm so glad that they still get on ok, maybe as yiu say he feels the message has got accross that he's boss he will settle Thumbs Up
buns honestly but can't help but love them Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:08 am

Lots more non humping vibes, at least they still seem to be getting on. I suppose being stuck with someone 24/7 whos making a nusiance (i cant spell it either!??) of themselves will take its toll eventually, and theres bound to be some tiffs. Marley and Dolly occasionally have a little go at eachother, but less than 5 minutes later theyve snuggled and made up!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum