Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!

+15
Vegan_bunny
JoeyBunsMum
paullp
Sixer
jolovesbunnies
ShazzaBunny
Sue_pawz
Amelia66
Big Ears
Thumper2001
thezookeeper
fiver
KatieB
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!  Empty Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:47 pm

( Not Rachel's Nibbler )

He arrived yesterday morning and he was fine and has been today I've just gone in to clean him out and he has really bad Diarrhea it's everywhere we have just rang his owner and Mike has just rushed Nibbler to the emergency vet's as it's pouring out of him and he will need lot's of fluids and this is proper diarrhea .

He's such a lovely little bunny Please please can I have vibes for him that he will be ok Crying or Very sad

Thank You xx

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:15 am; edited 3 times in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!  Empty Re: Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!

Post by gentl Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Oh, NO! Sending MEGA vibes for Nibbler! Is this Rachel's Nibbler?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!  Empty Re: Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!

Post by KatieB Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Sending mega vibes for him xxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:17 pm

awww mega vibes for ickle nibler Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
i second holly is it rachels nibler?
do you think it may be stress of travelling and new surroundings

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 pm

gentl wrote:Oh, NO! Sending MEGA vibes for Nibbler! Is this Rachel's Nibbler?

No it's not Rachel's Nibbler.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:20 pm

want piccies Very Happy
not of the ahem obviously Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:26 pm

fiver wrote:awww mega vibes for ickle nibler Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
i second holly is it rachels nibler?
do you think it may be stress of travelling and new surroundings

No it's not Rachel's Nibbler, he was very stressed when he arrived here yesterday as like most rabbits he doesn't travel well but they soon settle
down and eat hay and he was fine. I try to feed them the same as they are fed at home so they don't have any digestive problems so I try to
give them the same greens and keep them to a routine. I check them all the time and sit in with them and he was fine and suddenly about an hour ago
I went to let him out his pen and clean him out and there was mess everywhere Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:32 pm

what have his owners said, has he had this before with them do you think it may be the greens hun x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:42 pm

fiver wrote:what have his owners said, has he had this before with them do you think it may be the greens hun x

Well with true diarrhea we would take a rabbit to the vet's straight away as it's not something you can treat that easily, they said he hasn't had this before and was ok, I've only given him a small dish of greens last night and he didn't eat them all, and he has has had very little of his breakfast so I really don't know what it could be but I am very worried Sad

It's bad enough when it's your own bunnies that are ill but it's ten times worse when it's somebody's elses bunny as they are here because you are trusted to look after them and then this happens and it's just so upsetting Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:49 pm

every one knows the tuckerbunnies reputation and KNOWS they get the very best care and food etc...
i know it's awful hun but nibler will be ok and whatever it is he arrived with it i just hope it's only contained to him if it's viral x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:05 pm

fiver wrote:every one knows the tuckerbunnies reputation and KNOWS they get the very best care and food etc...
i know it's awful hun but nibler will be ok and whatever it is he arrived with it i just hope it's only contained to him if it's viral x

Well I've disinfected the floor and changed all his bedding and I have put the mat in the washing machine that he had messed on and I've put a clean one down and we shall sit
up with him through the night and check him as we do. Luckily there is only him at the moment in the indoor boarding room. I do hope he will be ok.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Sorry double post Embarassed

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thezookeeper Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Mega Vibes for poor nibbler Crying or Very sad .
I really hope he pulls through and gets better real soon.
And I agree with you Rob the tuckerbunnies reputation IS the best and whatever it is he MUST of arrived with it.
Everyone at HH knows that you put tons of care and love in to looking after every boarding bun that comes into your care.
A thousand vibes for nibbler coming to you now Hugs Hugs Hugs

thezookeeper
thezookeeper
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1071
Location : In my rabbit hole reading with Jenna bun in Kent - England.
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Loads of vibes. But at least he is in the best hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Oh goodness, poor Nibbler. Fingers crossed for him, please do keep us posted.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:49 pm

He is seriously ill and in an incubator he has a tummy bug which the vet said can be brought on due to stress, he was dangerously dehydrated and they have given him fluids, I am so upset , Oh God I pray he will be ok Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:He is seriously ill and in an incubator he has a tummy bug which the vet said can be brought on due to stress, he was dangerously dehydrated and they have given him fluids, I am so upset , Oh God I pray he will be ok Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It's probably something that's been in his system a long time but because he was under the stress of the move it's become stronger than he is Crying or Very sad If anything, his owners will be so glad they took him to you because you've responded quickly and taken good care of him. I know I'd feel like you do, it's a huge responsibility but it's just fate - nobody could have foreseen or prevented this

I really, really hope he pulls through.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 pm

He's in the right place Maysie. Please do not blame yourself, you have done everything you can for him and I'm sure his hoomins are very grateful.

I will keep checking back for updates Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!  GetwellNibbler

Maysie dear heart, Nibbler is in the BEST place for an ill bunny to get better. If I had a sick(or well) bunny there would not be anyone on either side of the Big Pond that I would trust more to care for my bunny! We know how you keep things for your boarding bunnies as near to what they have at home as possible except perhaps for an extra cuddle or two. You care for them like they were your own.

Sending MEGA get well vibes for Nibbler. Mega hugs Hugs for you and Mike too!

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:54 pm

sennding extra get well vibes for poor nibler Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!  Empty UPDATE 11:02 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:08 pm

We rang the vet's at 10:00pm and she said his temperature which was very low is back to normal and they are going to test his bloods at Midnight and if they are back down to near normal we can collect him and bring him home and carry on his meds through the night. His Blood sugar levels were 23 when he went in and she tested them.
Luckily for us Honor our vet works at the emergency vet's in middlesbrough so many night's a week and she was working when Mike took Nibbler in and she is just brilliant.

Nibbler is also alert and walking round the incubator but the vet nurse that spoke to Mike said he is still not out of the woods. We shall see how he is at midnight now.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm glad to hear he seems to be improving!

Will keep my fingers crossed for him though Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:04 am

im so glad he is improving, he is in the best hands Hugs Hugs
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!  Empty UPDATE 12:22 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:45 am

Well the vet has just rang and Nibbler's blood sugars are going down and because they know we will give him his meds and fluid injections throughout the night we can bring him home. We have done this enough times over the year's it's no problem, we did the same with Parsley when she had the same thing last year and we got her well again, we did it with Rosie after her blockage operation and got her well again and hopefully we can do the same for Nibbler.

He's back at our vet's tomorrow to see Honor.

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Please can we have Vibes for boarder Nibbler/ He's gone!  Empty UPDATE 2:26 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:34 am

Mike got back with Nibbler about 30 minutes ago, Nibbler is very drowsy as they have given him a Vetergesic Injection he is due at 4:00 am 20mls of fluids and every 3 hours after that, at 6:00 am he has to have some Loperamide and 8:00 am some Flagyl and he is back at Middlesborough at 10:00am to see our vet Honor.

So fingers crossed everyone xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next