Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domino "zones out"

3 posters

Go down

Domino "zones out" Empty Domino "zones out"

Post by SarahJane Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 am

Since Domino has been in my room I have noticed he does something odd. I hadnt noticed it before because any time I spent with him was one on one, where as now I can observe him. He does this thing where he sits really rigid, and he "zones out", its the only way to describe it. If you clap, make a noise, anything - he doesnt react. He jerks his head ever so slightly, like really slight, but i can see hes doing it. Then it stops. Mum says it reminds her of a seizure people can have, where they just go like a statue.

Its almost like his body pauses him, its very very odd. Its obviously some sort of damage from the E.C on his brain, I just hope it doesnt get worse as right now it only happens 3-4 times a day for about a minute at a time.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Domino "zones out" Empty Re: Domino "zones out"

Post by gentl Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:48 am

What you are describing sounds like what is called an 'absence seizure' although they usually don't last that long(my son's did tho). He's not in pain when he does that. Do they by any chance follow a time when he has breathed really fast? Sometimes that will bring them on in humans, but not in all humans.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 am

It's weird you say this as my chinchilla does this too sometimes - and it's often when he is out on his run at night Holly, which would explain the heavy breathing beforehand. Is this a risk to them? He only does it for about a minute too and then he's completely back to normal and otherwise very healthy. Of course, it could just be something catching his attention...

Nose rubs to Domino and Hugs to you.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down