Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domino has gone.

+5
Velvet.Tears
c.bolduan
KatieB
GreenBean
SarahJane
9 posters

Go down

Domino has gone. Empty Domino has gone.

Post by SarahJane Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:09 am

Hi everyone,
I will post a full Rainbow Bridge post when I feel like I can, right now it's too raw. Those of you who have me on Facebook will know that Domino passed away yesterday. He had been unwell for a while, he was having acupuncture and laser therapy for issues with his hips/lower back regularly, and was on a high dose of Metacam twice a day. He was really pushing his hardest, and wouldn't give up but we felt he was getting to the point where his quality of life was beginning to become a factor.

For several weeks he had been breathing faster, but we all put it down to pain, because when I came into the room he would light up and run over, he still stuffed his face and groomed me, and he seemed okay when I was around. But I started watching him closer, staying in the room and watching from afar or watching from the window in the lounge into the conservatory, and he was swaying a little when he sat up, and he was breathing heavy, almost like little "hics" when he was laying down. He was still very into food (of course he was!), but I could see he found it hard. He would gobble at pellets but then have to stop for a bit, and even though he still had a very healthy appetite, for greedy Domino that wasn't normal. I filmed his breathing, and showed it to the vet yesterday at his check up who immediately listened to his chest, and took him for an x ray then and there.

What we found was almost unbelievable. His heart was enlarged, pushing his windpipe further up where it shouldn't be. His lungs were white, full of fluid. His temperature was on the high side of normal, but not terrible. We were given the option of having antibiotic injections, in case it was pneumonia, but Kat (his vet, who was so good with him. Amazing vet) said that if I felt he had had enough, she wouldn't disagree and I just nodded (before breaking down). It could have been even more serious than pneumonia, but even that was too much. I saw my beloved Bonnie dog go through it and she had nothing else going on with her at the time, where as Domino had his pain too.

He's started peeing on himself a little, and he would wobble and fall over, his legs just couldn't support him. I didn't want to watch him fade away so, I let him go. I didn't bring him home for one more day, it just wouldnt have been fair.

Its been so hard, I was constantly crying all night and ended up having a panic attack. For those of you who were around when I was active on here, as you know, he suffered with E.C so bad in 2012, and it's a miracle he recovered. I've moved house so many times, and he's always there. I've been poorly and stuck indoors unable to work for years now, and he's always there. He was my constant companion, and the hole he has left is so big I cant bear it.

I'll do a proper tribute when I can. But for now, I just wanted to update you guys. xx

Domino has gone. Collage_zpshw9agx22

Domino has gone. Domino_zpsgsboodej

Domino has gone. Dom3_zpsiafzllkn

Domino has gone. Dom2_zpssb0ig9ur
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Domino has gone. Empty Re: Domino has gone.

Post by GreenBean Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:35 am

Oh I'm so sorry to read this. What a beautiful bun and obviously very much adored.

I'm sorry you had to make such a tough decision. Your close bond with him must give you confidence that you did the best thing for him, not matter how hard it was. It's tough though, and I can imagine how hard you will be feeling the loss of him from your life right now.

Hope you are okay. x
GreenBean
GreenBean
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:47 pm

I still cant beleive it. He was such an amazing chap!

He brought so many smiles with his antics.... I always loved his stories (which mostly centred around food lol)

He will be so missed.

Sending so much love to you and Pebbles honey x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Dear boy. Go hop on o the bridge and enjoy all there is.
S.J to you the biggest thank you for not persisting or trying to make it happen. His reaction was as that he knew. Only a bonded hoomin will know when the time has come to let go. To do so is in the best interest of he dear friend although it rips us apart.
I send you sooth. Love. Healing and comfort.
And for Domino the truest binky free.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:34 pm

On no :'( You have been through so much with him Sad Binky free at the bridge Domino
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:20 am

He was a very handsome rabbit and very brave, it's easy to see how much love you shared.
This news has hit especially close to home with me as my darling Henry as an enlarged heart and his days are numbered. My sympathies are with you.
Enjoy the peace and freedom Domino.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:55 pm

So sorry for your lost
Binky free xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:34 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, RIP Domino xx
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Aw no Sad

So sorry to hear this. Sleep well, Domino x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down