Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob

+4
FluffSlave
Tuckerbunnies
Amelia66
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
8 posters

Go down

Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob Empty Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi Everyone sorry I am late to update you all , it has been a really hectic evening Rolling Eyes So Flopsy he had his dental today it went well all the spurs were sorted and he is eating well tonight Smile hopefully now we can get him to eat more hay and maybe prolong time between dentals (he is really fussy with hay) This was his third dental and I am hoping he wont need another any time soon. John got to the problem of his ear shaking which started on friday, they found a grass seed inside his ear which made it very sore indeed luckily it has been removed. John was very surprised Flopsy was the first bun he has seen to have a seed in their ear it normally happens in dogs! Shocked that was one expensive seed at £48 to remove Laughing I paid for the seed removal and dental myself £160 in total. Thankfully he is eating really well and very bright Very Happy
Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob 8446348824_543cb94178_c
P1160828 by JackBunnies, on Flickr

the nuisance grass seed!
Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob 8445253219_6be88d4b20_z
P1160811 by JackBunnies, on Flickr

John is the most amazing vet! Very Happy
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob Empty Re: Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob

Post by Amelia66 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 am

im glad he is a-ok now cheers Hugs Hugs
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob Empty Re: Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking prob

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:22 am

I'm so glad that Flopsy's dental went well and he is eating ok that 's brilliant Thumbs Up

Oh gosh a grass seed in his ear would have been very uncomfortable indeed no wonder he was shaking his head he would be trying to get it out no doubt,
good job John saw it and got it out , Flopsy will feel so much happier now with his teeth and ear Bless him.

So happy he is ok Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 am

Thank you maysie Smile
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:38 pm

I am so glad to hear beautiful Mr Flopsy is feeling better Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm glad he is ok now, and that it wasn't anything more serious than a grass seed, and that you are such a good bunny dad to know there was something wrong Thumbs Up Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Sorry I've missed this! I'm so glad Flopsy is ok Smile
I can imagine that grass seed was a nuisance, I'm frequently getting them stuck in my finger!

Sending vibes for a quick recovery xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm

i'm so pleased it was nothing more serious than grass seed in his ear and the dentals went well sending vibes for extra quick full recovery Hugs Hugs Hugs
you probably have already tried but have you mixed some woodlands black current and apple leaf mix mixed in with the hay to tempt him Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 pm

fiver wrote:i'm so pleased it was nothing more serious than grass seed in his ear and the dentals went well sending vibes for extra quick full recovery Hugs Hugs Hugs
you probably have already tried but have you mixed some woodlands black current and apple leaf mix mixed in with the hay to tempt him Thumbs Up
Thanks rob Smile yep i've tried many of the forages and they don't tempt but it could of just been because his teeth have been poorly a while , somebody said about mixing Timothy hay or readigrass in with their hay so it'd encourage him especially to eat it . His hunbun lily is a great hay eater and produces golden poops I wish she'd teach him Laughing he needs to gain Weight as he's only 1.9kg and should be around 2.2kg which is his average so a bit of readigrass shouldn't hurt . I've ordered some of those profibre monoforage pellets (the really long ones off VetUk just so they can have one or two a day for extra fibre. I've really got to get Bella and Flopsy to love hay.. Their partners are good hay eaters, I suppose them having dental problems and root problems they are a bit lazy to eat it? I'm sure they'd love it if I bought some readigrass and mixed in they've a sweet tooth .
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm

I often wonder if buns that are more suseptable to dental problems may be sensitive to hay being a little uncomfortable inside the mouth and on the tongue

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:34 pm

fiver wrote:I often wonder if buns that are more suseptable to dental problems may be sensitive to hay being a little uncomfortable inside the mouth and on the tongue
I certainly think this too Thumbs Up
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Sparky wrote: that you are such a good bunny dad to know there was something wrong Thumbs Up Hugs

I agree with that Sparky Jack is a credit he look's after his rabbits and guinea pigs to perfection and I wish more young people would learn from Jack Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Sparky wrote: that you are such a good bunny dad to know there was something wrong Thumbs Up Hugs

I agree with that Sparky Jack is a credit he look's after his rabbits and guinea pigs to perfection and I wish more young people would learn from Jack Hugs
Ah thank you Sparky and Maysie , a few years ago before I found rabbits need space page and started researching more I had Bella unspayed in a 4ft hutch she was aggressive and territorial and was fed lots of museli and became quite overweight and a bunch of other things I done wrong but thankfully I managed to change rather quickly now I'm welfare mad! It makes me cringe over the things 2 and bit years ago .
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 pm

BellaPickleFlopsyLily wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

Ah thank you Sparky and Maysie , a few years ago before I found rabbits need space page and started researching more I had Bella unspayed in a 4ft hutch she was aggressive and territorial and was fed lots of museli and became quite overweight and a bunch of other things I done wrong but thankfully I managed to change rather quickly now I'm welfare mad! It makes me cringe over the things 2 and bit years ago .

I think we have all been there Jack when I look back 30 years at how I use to look after and feed my rabbit's I could cringe Embarassed Like you I researched and joined the RWA when it was just a few 100 people and the Houserabbit Association and I learned so much more and I'm still learning every day and still loving and enjoying my rabbits.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Bless the little sweetie, I am so glad he is well. He is like my BInky Boo only with uppy ears.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Good to hear that John got the bottom of the ear problem Jack - Was the seed embedded needing antibiotics or did it just lodge itself uncomfortably?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down