Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peggy's dental today

5 posters

Go down

Peggy's dental today Empty Peggy's dental today

Post by Rhianna Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:41 am

Peggy, one of my gorgeous former BARC bunnies has her dental today Crying or Very sad

Have to take her in between 8.30 am and 9.00 am. She is four so I am a bit worried about the GA, although as Angie has reassured me, she got through her spay fine.

Peggy hates being handled - the vet really struggled to give her her myxi last week - so I know she will be very scared. Sue - her best furry friend in the whole world - is going with her for moral support. I have been asked to take some of her food so I've packed up excel, SS, fenucreek crunchies, spring greens (shredded), peeled carrot, parsley and mint and some yummy hay. I am hoping something will tempt her. She loves carrots so I've peeled one because I think a whole one would be too hard for her sore mouth.

I will be a nervous wreck all day - probably just as well I have a busy day at work.

Peggy and I would really appreciate some 'get through dental OK' vibes, if anyone and anybun has any to spare, please. She is such a gorgeous bunster and the vet believes her teeth problem is a result of neglect when she was tiny, so preventable. He was so angry. He is a brilliant vet - but I will still cry when I leave her Embarassed

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Peggy's dental today Empty Re: Peggy's dental today

Post by Snowy Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:30 am

Sending masses of good luck vibes for your very special girl Peggy, I am sure she will be fine and you will be worrying all day for nothing, you have done the right thing and packed her a lovely lunch, I am sure something will tempt her out of that lot and she will be back to normal in no time

Good luck and let us know how it goes
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:30 am

Sending lots of vibes for the gorgeous Peggy, I'm sure she'll be fine and it's only natural to worry, we all do it, because we all care so much about them Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Have just 'phoned (at the dot of 1.00 pm when they said I could) and she is fine and I can pick her up at 3.30 pm Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

What a relief!!

It was slightly easier leaving her knowing she had Sue with her. I just hope she doesn't have to have dentals too often - have been on edge all morning, although work has distracted me a bit.

I can't wait until 3.30 pm now so I can bring her home and give her some more yummy nom noms. Am on-call tonight but she will probably be happy left in peace with Sue anyway as she is not a cuddle bun. So long as she is eating I will be happy just to let her snuggle and will check her periodically.

I am so happy she is OK. I haven't had her that long but she has squeezed herself firmly into my heart, despite hating being handled. Just watching her and Sue happy together is wonderful to see.

Thank you all for your support. My Manager just gave me 'a look' this morning when I said I'd dropped her off and was worried. It's so reassuring to be able to 'talk' to people who really understand.

Hugs

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Ahhhh Glad she is okay bless her. x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:30 pm

I do love my vet. He only charged me £25 Very Happy It is a relief as the car cost me a lot on Friday and I had the five buns' myxi jabs too. I don't get paid until the end of the month so my overdraft would have taken a beating.

He said Peggy's teeth weren't as bad as he had thought and now they have been filed and burred hopefully she won't get any serious problems for some time. I need to keep a check that she is eating and also keep an eye on her eyes as the tooth that was growing crooked may cause difficulties with one of her eyes.

She is now tucked up with Sue in her hutch nomming on mint - and I am a Very Happy and Relieved Bunny Mummy Happy Dance

I think my vet has a soft spot for our Peggy too Love

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Glad that it all went smoothly and she is back home happy. Your vet sounds really nice. Obviously someone who genuinely likes small animals. Love
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down