Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taffy's teeth noises - pain or pleasure?

+3
FluffSlave
fiver
Sparky
7 posters

Go down

Taffy's teeth noises - pain or pleasure? Empty Taffy's teeth noises - pain or pleasure?

Post by Sparky Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Here's some video of Taffy doing his teeth noises just after having a couple of syringes of watered-down pineapple juice (which he loves).

Humum can't imagine that it's tooth-purring in pleasure - the poor mite must be pretty uncomfortable just at the moment. But it doesn't seem loud enough to be pain grinding either Hmmm

Can we have some opinions please? You might need to turn the volume up quite loud.
Humum promises she does not suddenly shout 'boo' Laughing

Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Taffy's teeth noises - pain or pleasure? Empty Re: Taffy's teeth noises - pain or pleasure?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Looking at the motion of Taffy's mouth I would say that it is definitely not annoyance. What I generally see is quite happy quiet grinding or noisey annoyed teeth chattering (from Florence when held) which tends to come more from the front of the mouth. To start with Taffy also has his ears forward so I wouldn't think it was a pain reaction ir he would have his ears back.

Back to top Go down

Taffy's teeth noises - pain or pleasure? Empty Re: Taffy's teeth noises - pain or pleasure?

Post by fiver Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:04 pm

bluebell was a little like that for a while and tbh I took it as not very painful but uncomfortable.
I think it's just still a bit sensitive as taffy's ears don't show anxiety to me

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks both, that's reassuring Smile

Taffy doesn't *do* annoyance, he is such a mild-mannered little sweetie. The best you can hope for is a slightly baleful look Laughing

Humum thought he probably wasn't feeling too bad as after about 10 minutes of fuss he dozed off Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Willow does pretty much the same thing when she is just relaxing - so I wonder if it's just that he's feeling chilled out, even if he's not comfortable.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Mike said Faith does this when she is syringe fed but he's not sure if it's pain or 'OOmm that was nice ' so not much help is he Hmmm

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:09 pm

I would say it was pleasure too love, BInky Boo will sit on our sofa and do what I call his happy noise.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Nibbler is a big one for tooth purring, and occassionally when he's sat on his own relaxing he'll have a little grind and it looks very similar to what Taffy is doing.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Trooper our first bun did that sometimes and he never seemed to be in pain. Usually he fell asleep real soon. Perhaps a lazy but content tooth purr?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down