Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disaster!

3 posters

Go down

Disaster! Empty Disaster!

Post by Maizy Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:16 am

I knew i shouldn't have posted a thread about Barley and Ed, it's just tempting fate. Sad

Just been sat here, grabbing a bit of online time; the day well weekend has been nothing short of chaos with the floors being done and all the rooms a complete mess, anyway, sort of got straight in the lounge and dining room and let the buns out as they'd been cooped all day because of the mess. All was fine and once Barley and Ed had a run, I put the dividers up to let Maddie and Flynn out. Everything has been fine with them all sharing the same play space, but Maddie does not like Barley, so I put the dividers up, so they can't see or get to each other.

Long story short, Maddie kept on and on at the dividers and Barley obviously got wind that she was there. Next thing I know all hell has broken lose and her and Ed are in full blown fisty cuffs. I put Maddie away and Ed and Barley seemed to settle. I gave them both a snack to take their minds off it, less than 2 mins later they are at it again. Evil or Very Mad I am so annoyed, it's been such a mad weekend, I'm at work tomorrow and I don't trust them to not hurt each other through the night. I've separated them and I'm really cross as I really don't want the bond to break, but as I'm at work tomorrow, I can't be here to keep an eye on them. Mad

Why do these things happen when you don't have any time to sort it? I had last week off, so could have just spent the time watching them if it had happened then.Disaster! Anim_04 Sorry rant over.
Maizy
Maizy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Disaster! Empty Re: Disaster!

Post by Sixer Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:18 am

Referred aggression is an absolute pain.

We have to keep Herbie out of contact with the other buns else he goes for Hollie. I sympathise and hope your bunnies settle down again xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Maizy Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:15 am

No joy this morning. Got up early to see if I could get them back together in the bonding pen and nope they are having none of it, locked on fur fight. Evil or Very Mad. Maddie is right away with Flynn without a care in the world and now I have 2 cages back in the dining room where there should only be one. Will have to go to work but will have a think. Really don't want them apart, but not sure if they are going to get past this. Sad
Maizy
Maizy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:37 am

Oh no...I hope they can find a way back to each other...sending Bonding vibes for them and calming ones for you Disaster! Bee
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:08 am

I'd give them a break of at least 4 weeks before trying to get them together again.

.............Says she who's the worlds worst wuss at bonding......... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down