Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom built hutch or cage for guineas?

4 posters

Go down

Custom built hutch or cage for guineas? Empty Custom built hutch or cage for guineas?

Post by KathyT Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Does anyone know of a comapny that will build a hutch to my specifications? It's for the guinea pigs, Arthur and Albert. They still don't get on, and frankly I don't think they ever will (thanks MIL No ). At the moment, they are in two separate indoor cages, and Albert will soon outgrow his. We haven't really got room inside for another big indoor cage like Arthur's in, so I'm toying with the idea of getting someone to make me a sort of double-ended hutch, with a run underneath, and the hutch and run divided with perspex. That way they both have plenty of room and can see each other, but can't fight.

We've already tried dividing the indoor cage with wire, and the little devils pushed their heads through, bit each other and then realised their heads were stuck.

All suggestions gratefully received!
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Custom built hutch or cage for guineas? Empty Re: Custom built hutch or cage for guineas?

Post by buddabun Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 pm

nice one MIL!

I don't know about hutch companies, maybe happy hutch will design one for you?

I'd have a look on google and email as many as possible. it might be that they're willing to do it for you but just don't advertise particularly well

best of luck x
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Custom built hutch or cage for guineas? Empty Re: Custom built hutch or cage for guineas?

Post by ratface Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:07 pm

The split cage method used with gerbils comes to mind - you could build a wooden frame with two layers of mesh with a slight gap between them (so noses/toes can't be poked through and nipped) so they can smell each other and 'talk' without fighting.
Your best best is probably getting a bunch of photos of hutches you like and seeing if a local carpenter will make something?
ratface
ratface
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Faunus Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:53 pm

My Dad is in Devon and is very good at carpentry - he makes things to last as well! Send me a pm if you want more info Wink
Faunus
Faunus
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.bmdshare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down